A couple of questions.

The official support forum for EditVoicepack

A couple of questions.

Postby prowler » Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:59 am

For some reason I am no longer hearing "707" as a model. I could have sworn this worked before. I checked under TOOLS | check missing... and was surprised to see many models and airlines missing...707, 717, DC4, DC8, PANAM, etc.

Should these be missing? Weren't they included when I went to the Update server? I'm confused :oops:

Also, what is "USEnglishASOS.gvp"? I have it in my FS9 SOUND folder as well as "USEnglishBig.gvp".

Thanks for any help.

Vic
prowler
Ny Bruger

Postby Lars » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:00 am

I can not remember what USEnglishASOS.gvp contains. I did look at it years back - but all I remember is that it doesn't have any impact on the ATC speeck.

For the missing entries - again, I can't rememeber what is included in EditVoicepack (there are after all several thousand entries and I have not used 3.1 for years), but if things are sudently missing, you might accidentaly have cleared the checkbox next to them in the tree. If you clear a checkbox fairly high in the tree, you will "loose" many modifications at once.
Lars
FSOnline

Postby prowler » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:47 am

Lars, before I posted the original message above, I searched the forum and tried to re-install the original USEnglishBig from FS9 disk 2. I first moved the USEnglishBig and the USEnglishASOS to a temporary folder and then extracted the original USEnglishBig from FS9 disk 2. After doing that I had no pilot voice (for myself) but I could hear ATC. I put the USEnglish ASOS back in FS9 and I had "my" voice again...still no 707, DC4, etc.

Is the update server up and running? I hadn't checked in over a year but it said no modifications were available?

Thank you Lars.

Vic
prowler
Ny Bruger

Postby Lars » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:04 pm

I have no idea why the ASOS file would affect the pilot voice, but typically you just have to reselect it in the FS UI if you can no longer hear youself.

I have not distributed updates since the release of FSX.

There is no distribution for the FSX version either, instead addon vendors can include the callsigns directly with their addon and have it installed automatically by the EditVoicepcak installer.
Lars
FSOnline

Return to EditVoicepack Support