[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FSOnline.dk • View topic - Unable to hear new callsigns!

Unable to hear new callsigns!

The official support forum for EditVoicepack

Unable to hear new callsigns!

Postby hifly » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:23 pm

I followed the steps to create two new callsigns: Aerolineas Argentinas and Lan Argentinas. I created them in My Modifications under Telephony Designators. When I had good sounding wave file in Pilot 0 voice, I copied it to each of the other voices. I saved the work and then updated Voicepak as instructed. I then loaded FSX and selected the new callsign now available for the aircraft I was about to fly. However, though the callsign would correctly appear in the ATC dialogue box, ATC just skipped it and only spoke the number of the flight. I redid this numerous times but all with the same result! The new names appear in the airline.cfg file as expected but what happened to the wave files? They still show up in "my modifications" but for some reason FSX ATC cannot find them. When I created them I made the identifier, phrase, and description entries all the same, if that makes a difference. I have Quad Core 2.66GHZ with FSX SP2.

Craig
hifly
Ny Bruger

Postby Lars » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:06 pm

Try following this procedure:
http://www.fsonline.dk/en/index.php?tit ... _voicepack
Then run EditVoicepack again to update the voicepack. There might be an aditional voicepak or something in the folder..
Lars
FSOnline

Postby hifly » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:09 pm

Thanks, Lars. It works like a champ now! Oh, by the way, there is a directory in my sound/atc file called ASOS and it has another gvp file in it. What is that all about? I have accelerated speech programmed. Could it be related to that? It just looks like another copy of the voicepak file.

Craig
hifly
Ny Bruger

Postby Lars » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:07 pm

As far as I recall, the ASOS stuff has been there since the first version I did EditVoicepack for (FS2002). Back then I did look at it to find out what's in it, but it's simply too many years ago, so I can't remember it.

The file has nothing to do with (and will be ignored by) EditVoicepack.
Lars
FSOnline

Return to EditVoicepack Support