Update issue, but with a twist maybe?

The official support forum for EditVoicepack

Update issue, but with a twist maybe?

Postby huck1181 » Sun May 15, 2011 3:10 pm

It may have been an older version, but I did have Voicepak on FSX and it worked flawlessly. Cleaned up computer and re-downloaded the latest version. When I go to update the list, I receive an error msg. I can't post it on Clipboard because that has disappeared from the computer for some reason. When I download that, it doesn't show up haha. Just FYI, I did look through the forum and read the posts on various issues. Followed the procedure, deleted the sound file and the .cab file on the disk never opened after waiting 10min for it to do so. Not real computer savy, but I definately hold my own and learn quick. Am I doing something wrong possibly? I just want all the callsigns back!! haha

Here's the msg:

Failed to save settings: An error occured loading a configuration file: Unable to open file 'C:\Users\Huckins\AppData\Local\Bevelstone_Production_I_S\EditVoicepack.exe_StrongName_0hhy3gdz1gjf2c0bocllytq0o3pp2\4.0.7.0\user.config' for writing because it is a read-only or hidden. (C:\Users\Huckins\AppData\Local\Bevelstone_Production_I_S\EditVoicepack.exe_StrongName_0hhy3gdz1gjf2c0bocllytq0o3pp2\4.0.7.0\user.config):
Unable to open file 'C:\Users\Huckins\AppData\Local\Bevelstone_Production_I_S\EditVoicepack.exe_StrongName_0hhy3gdz1gjf2c0bocllytq0o3pp2\4.0.7.0\user.config' for writing because it is a read-only or hidden.
huck1181
Ny Bruger

Postby Lars » Sun May 15, 2011 7:51 pm

I have no idea how that can happen (and I do not think I have seen it before). I would try deleting the whole C:\Users\Huckins\AppData\Local\Bevelstone_Production_I_S folder if it exists.
Lars
FSOnline

Postby huck1181 » Sun May 29, 2011 5:28 pm

i can't even locate the file in question. i really have no idea what's going on. like i said, it worked before having computer issues. even tried reinstalling both FSX and the voicepack. guess it's beyond me
huck1181
Ny Bruger

Postby Lars » Sun May 29, 2011 6:00 pm

The file would probably be in a hidden folder. And I have no idea what it is doing there :(
Lars
FSOnline

Return to EditVoicepack Support