Only wrong prefix and then, Broken Edit Voicepack

The official support forum for EditVoicepack

Only wrong prefix and then, Broken Edit Voicepack

Postby fs001 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:27 am

Hey, I have a EditVoicepack X and I always make phraseology and etc.
I wanted to make TWR_EXIT_RWY, but for a moment I change the name to Exit Runway without under line and I save the EditVoicepack for a moment and close it. When I open it again, there is an eror message just like I preview down here:

The identifier contains an invalid type prefix: EXIT RUNWAY
at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.DataModel.Modification.GetModificationTypeFromFullIdentifier(String fullIdentifier) in D:\Documents\Bevelstone\Flight Simulator\EditVoicepack\DataModel\Modification.cs:line 280
at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.DataModel.FileDataMapper.LoadModificationRootElement(XmlReader reader, DataStorage dataStorage) in D:\Documents\Bevelstone\Flight Simulator\EditVoicepack\DataModel\FileDataMapper.cs:line 419
at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.DataModel.FileDataMapper.ReadFromXml(DataStorage dataStorage, XmlReader reader, Boolean addToGroups) in D:\Documents\Bevelstone\Flight Simulator\EditVoicepack\DataModel\FileDataMapper.cs:line 309
at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.DataModel.FileDataMapper.LoadIfAvailable(DataStorage dataStorage, String[] files) in D:\Documents\Bevelstone\Flight Simulator\EditVoicepack\DataModel\FileDataMapper.cs:line 84
at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.DataModel.FileDataMapper.Load(DataStorage dataStorage) in D:\Documents\Bevelstone\Flight Simulator\EditVoicepack\DataModel\FileDataMapper.cs:line 51
at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.DataModel.DataStorage.Load() in D:\Documents\Bevelstone\Flight Simulator\EditVoicepack\DataModel\DataStorage.cs:line 26
at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.Client.MainForm.LoadData(AboutWindow aboutWindow) in D:\Documents\Bevelstone\Flight Simulator\EditVoicepack\Client\MainForm.xaml.cs:line 230
at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.Client.MainForm.<>c__DisplayClass3.<OnLoaded>b__1(Object syncContext) in D:\Documents\Bevelstone\Flight Simulator\EditVoicepack\Client\MainForm.xaml.cs:line 160
fs001
Ny Bruger

Postby Lars » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:04 am

This is unfortunately an error in EVP (it should never have allowed the space to be entered).

http://www.fsonline.dk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1068

You MIGHT be able to restore the datafile to the content it had last time you ran Update Voicepack by copying the file
C:\ProgramData\EditVoicepackX\Updater\EditVoicepackData.xml.gzip
to
C:\ProgramData\EditVoicepackX
overwriting the file that is already there.
Lars
FSOnline

Return to EditVoicepack Support