[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FSOnline.dk • View topic - Get access denied after Custom Mod

Get access denied after Custom Mod

The official support forum for EditVoicepack

Get access denied after Custom Mod

Postby beroun » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:30 pm

Hi,
Have downloaded some Military aircraft, which included Voice Pack mods. I have followed the instructions carefully and File/Imported to my VP the new Callsigns. They all showed either under Custom or Standard Mods (some in red). However when saving these I got message: access to the VP denied. Got FS2004 and Vista.
Any help to enable me save these would be much appreciated.
Many thanks
beroun
Ny Bruger

Postby Lars » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:54 pm

Did you run EditVoicepack as an administrator (it is NOT enough to use an account with administrator rights) as mentioned here?

http://www.fsonline.dk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=639
Lars
FSOnline

administrator?

Postby beroun » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:38 pm

Hi,
Ref below:
1) Right click the EditVoicepack entry in the start menu and select "Properties".
2) Go to the "Compatibility tab"
3) Set the checkbox "Run this program as an administrator".
I do not have a compatibility tab in properties? Bit puzzled how to run EVP as administrator? Windows Vista.
Any help?
Many thanks
beroun
Ny Bruger

Postby Lars » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:36 am

I do not know why you do not have a compatibility tab.

You can try to start EditVoicepack by right clicking the icon and selecting "Run as administrator", but you would have to do this every time you start EditVoicepack.
Lars
FSOnline

Postby beroun » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:56 pm

Hi,
I have figured out the administrator access and can now save the adons (also have run the update). However most of these are in red. Instructions suggest that the nodes in tree colored red should be drilled in and the errors can be identified and corrected. However when I drill in I just get the sound? Also there should be a correct errors or ignore errors option (button), which I do not seem to find. In either case, I do not think I have updated my voice pack after imported some MIAW files?
Any help appreciated?
Thanks a lot.
beroun
Ny Bruger

Postby Lars » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:28 am

Unfortunately I am not aware of any reason the Ignore Errors... button should not appear, so it's hard to help here, specifically as it is several years ago I last had a look at this code.

Just to try it out, I dusted of EditVoicepack 3.1, went to Custom Modifications/Callsigns and created a new entry. As soon as I did that, I got the Ignore Errors... button all the way to the right side of the EditVoicepack window. If you do not get that button in the same case, I do not know what is wrong (I am assuming you are running EditVoicepack 3.1 and not an older version).

"In either case, I do not think I have updated my voice pack after imported some MIAW files? "
Sorry, I do not understand this comment. Are you asking if you have to update the voicepack after you import files (I have no idea what MIAW is)? In case this is the question, then you have to run Update Voicepack every time you make a change in EditVoicepack you want reflected in FS.
Lars
FSOnline

Postby beroun » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:03 pm

Sorry Lars - It should be MAIW (Military AI). I have downloaded some with Voicepack Callsigns, which I have imported to my VP. Some of those turned out red. Basically I followed the Voice Pack instruction, see below:

Some of the nodes in the tree on the left are colored red
This indicates a problem with one or more modifications. Drill down the tree until you locate the problematic modification (following the red nodes in the tree). When you select it, it will display a red text below the Author field where you can see what the problem. If more than one error exists the text will change every few seconds. Correct the error and the color will change back to black. In a few cases where you do not want to make any changes you can ignore the error (press the Ignore Errors button and set a checkmark for the errors you would like to ignore).

When I drill into the red node, I just hear the voice reading the sign. But there is no red text below (showing the problem) as is suggested above. I therefore cannot correct the error. Also in this mode the ignore error button is not visible. Bit of a puzzle, but maybe I am just doing something wrong?
beroun
Ny Bruger

Postby Lars » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:17 pm

I don't know - as I can't reproduce the problem on my own system and have never heard of it before.

So you probably have to accept the red color, at least it brightens up a dull userinterface :)
Lars
FSOnline

Return to EditVoicepack Support