Installing problems with Vista64

The official support forum for EditVoicepack

Installing problems with Vista64

Postby speedster? » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:49 am

Hi!

I´m not able to install EVP for FSX. The problem seems to be my OS Vista 64. I´m not any kind of expert with computers :oops: . So, please, is there anyone able to give me step-by-step guide for an idiot “How to install Editvoicepack with FSX and Vista 64bit OS”… :)
speedster?
Ny Bruger

Postby Lars » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:00 am

It is unfortunately not something i can easily do as I do not have access to a Vista system anymore.

But if you say what your specific problem is (do you get an error message, and if you do what is the exact text of it) I can try to help.

The only thing that should be more complex than clicking "Next" in the installer is ensuing the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 is installed. You can see how this is done here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehtUv_WoDZg
Notice this is done on XP, but it works the same way on Vista as far as I remember.
Lars
FSOnline

Postby speedster? » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:56 pm

Sorry for my message, I didn´t give much information, did I!
Yes, I do have .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 ( I just downloaded and installed it just to be sure).

EVP installer gives me message:

"This setup requires the .NET Framework version 1.1.4322, Please install the .NET Framework and run.. blaa blaa... Would you like to do this now?"

I answer: YES. It takes me to .NET Framework Developer Center. I can´t find 1.1.4322 there, just 1.1. and 2.0. The first one says there is an incompability issue. The other one says it´s not compatible with 64bit operating system. So, no go there! :?
speedster?
Ny Bruger

Postby speedster? » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:23 pm

This is hilarious :lol: :lol:

I had downloaded wrong version of the EditVoicePack (3 not X) :oops:
speedster?
Ny Bruger

Return to EditVoicepack Support