Phrase misses callsign

The official support forum for EditVoicepack

Phrase misses callsign

Postby StevenD » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:45 am

Sometimes, my addon phrases and phrases that I have created miss saying the callsign. So instead of hearing "Delta 883, welcome to Atlanta. Contact ground on 123.45" it only says "welcome to Atlanta. Contact ground on 123.45" where the text shows the full statement. I've checked that the markers are all the way to the left for the callsign, but still it misses the cal sign. This seems to only be with 2 or 3 of the voices. What do I need to do to fix this? Thank you.
StevenD
Ny Bruger

Postby Lars » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:54 pm

It's not something I have encountered, so I don't know how to fix it.

I personally always ensured the marker was not ALL the way to the left - I left it just a few samples into the wave file. I have NO idea if this is required.

I assume you already checked you didn't change the text in the marker by accident? As far as I remember the markers in the text and in the wavefiles are independent, so you can have the sound working wehere the audio doesn't or the other way around.
Lars
FSOnline

Postby StevenD » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:06 am

Lars,

Thank you for the reply. I went back and looked and there were a few markers misspelled :oops: I've got them corrected and just after I'm done with a change to my "cleared for take off" phrase, I'm going to give them a test. Should work. Seems the ones where the markers were misspelled are the same voices that were causing the problem.
StevenD
Ny Bruger

Postby StevenD » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:22 pm

I have done 2 full flights from KATL-MSLP and MSLP-KATL and no misses in the callsign! thanks again Lars! EVPX should have a spell checker! :lol:
StevenD
Ny Bruger

Return to EditVoicepack Support