Restoring default FSX traffic

The official support forum for EditVoicepack

Restoring default FSX traffic

Postby petejg5 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:59 pm

I have just installed Edit Voice Pack 4 for FSX when I imported some new call-signs in a lot of my AI traffic was deleted. I would like to restore my FSX to the point before I had installed Edit Voice Pack 4. I have tried restoring Voice Pack and uninstalling it to. I have also tried to restore my FSX Acceleration with the CD. Could someone please help me or direct me to a relevant page on the forum regarding my problem.

King regards Pete
petejg5
Ny Bruger

Postby Lars » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:51 pm

I am not aware of any way importing callsigns in EditVoicepack X (or any other use of EditVoicepack X) can cause AI traffic to be deleted. Nor have I previously heard any reports of this happening. While it is not impossible there is a bug in EditVoicepack causing this it is extremely unlikely as EditVoicepack never writes to any files related to AI traffic.

Restoring the original voicepack from the FSX CD will result in FSX being restored to the state it was in before EditVoicepack was installed. It is - besides a text file listing callsigns that have NO impact on AI traffic - the only file in FSX being modified by EditVoicepack.

So I am not aware of how to restore your AI traffic as I have no idea how it was removed.
Lars
FSOnline

Postby petejg5 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:03 pm

Ok cool thanks for the suggestion, I don't know how it must have happened. I was importing some callsigns for some MAIW ai traffic for some RAF tornados. the traffic that was deleted / disappeared was round the UK the rest of the world did seem to be affected.

Thanks Lars
petejg5
Ny Bruger

Return to EditVoicepack Support