problems with ATC comm after EVP

The official support forum for EditVoicepack

problems with ATC comm after EVP

Postby CRJ200ER » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:39 am

Hi, I installed EditVoicePack for FS9 and updated the FS voicepack with all the boxes checked.

I tested it out and to the best of my knowledge it worked...

I then decided i didn't like how it sounded with the new phraseology (ie. "radar identified...") so i unchecked some of the phrases
(ie. AGENT_AC_CLASS_BC_CLEARANCE_RADAR_CONTACT.) and updated the voicepack again, and i may have tried out the accelerated version.
^this was all while NOT using administrative privileges^

After not being able to hear myself or the ATC, or ground control i then deleted the two .gvp files and re-copied the USEnglishBig.gvp file back from disc 2 to the sound folder. I then activated administrative privileges for EVP, went into it, clicked on restore origional voicepack, then update voicepack.

now ocasionally i can't hear the AI side of a conversation with ATC/GRD control...

the big picture for me is to have the original phraseology from FS9, but have it be able to say many more callsigns.

appreciate any help given,
CRJ200ER
CRJ200ER
Ny Bruger

Postby Lars » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:09 am

Unfortunately I do not really know what happens when you run Evp 3 without admin rights.

It might have created some GVP files in other folders (potentially hidden) on the system - I just do not know.

If it wasn't because there MIGHT be problems due to running Evp without admin rights all you would have to do to get the callsigns without modifying the phraseology is deselect the phraseology brances.
Lars
FSOnline

Postby CRJ200ER » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:13 am

okay, well i uninstalled FS then reinstalled it then went to EVP unchecked phraseology and updated voicepack, i still occasionally can't hear ATC or ground control...
CRJ200ER
CRJ200ER
Ny Bruger

Return to EditVoicepack Support