[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FSOnline.dk • View topic - 'Add to' or 'overwrite'?

'Add to' or 'overwrite'?

The official support forum for EditVoicepack

'Add to' or 'overwrite'?

Postby cattz » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:40 am

I ported over the USEnglishBig.gvp from FS9 to FSX which included some of my own call signs. All work well in FSX. Now I want to use the FSX version of EVP so if I now add some new callsigns and update to FSX will it just add the new ones or completely overwrite with only the new entries.?
Hope that makes sense.
Thank you.
cattz
Ny Bruger

Postby Lars » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:10 pm

All modifications included in EditVoicepack are based on the default voicepack (GVP) file. If you copy the GVP file over from FS9 it no longer has access to the data the modifications are build on top of. My GUESS (I have absolutely no intention of trying to see what happens as this is 100% unsupported) is that the following will happen:

If "Replace existing" is checked, it will override the entry already added.
If "Replace existing" is not checked, it will add a new entry next to the existing.
If the modification is based on a wavefile that is replaced by EditVoicepack (so it had Replace existing checked in FS9) the modification will be corrupt (it could crash Evp or just result in messed up sound).

Of course it might also just fail with one or another random error.

You could deselect all the stock modifications in EvpX (all or almost all where included in Evp3 as well) and only apply your additional voicepacks - this will work in most cases. Or you need to export the modifications you added to Ecp3 and import them in EvpX - while obviously the most work intensive solution, it is the cleanest way.
Lars
FSOnline

Postby cattz » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:47 pm

Thank you Lars. I'm not sure I fully understand but I think I get the idea.
At present, the ATC voices in FSX include all those mods I made in EV3.
So if I add another via EVX, then update, will it only just add the new entry is what I'm really trying to ask. Sorry, it's quite difficult for me to explain properly.
cattz
Ny Bruger

Postby Lars » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:03 pm

Lars
FSOnline

Postby cattz » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:37 pm

cattz
Ny Bruger

Return to EditVoicepack Support