Editvoicepack problem, need help!!!

The official support forum for EditVoicepack

Editvoicepack problem, need help!!!

Postby brandon1423 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:16 am

Hey there,

I have searched this forum through and through and have tried the tutorial for EditVoicepack to fix this problem but using what is said on those sources, it still does not work. My problem is that I keep getting the message "Cannot create that file when that file exists". I have the .NET Framework installed, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling EVP, and Fs2004, I have tried deleting all .gvp files and restoring them with the originals from FS2004 disc 2, and nothing has worked! Needless to say I am very frustrated and would appreciate it if someone could help!

Thanks!

P.S I have Vista with the 32-bit operating system
brandon1423
Ny Bruger

Postby Lars » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:34 pm

As far as I know remember following this procedure should work:
http://www.editvoicepack.com/readme.html#ToC23
As far as I understand you already tried copying the gvp files, but did you also delete the files mentioned (notice they might not be present, but if they are, you should delete them)?
Lars
FSOnline

Postby brandon1423 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:37 am

Hey Lars,

I did find those files and have deleted them before adding the original files back into the sound directory but that did not work either. It still brings up the message.

Brandon
brandon1423
Ny Bruger

Postby Lars » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:36 pm

Sorry, I have no idea what to do then. The error is very common but I do not recall a case where deleting these files did not solve the problem.

I assume you are running EditVoicepack as Administrator (as mentioned in the sticky post in this forum).
Lars
FSOnline

Postby brandon1423 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:12 pm

Hey there, instead of opening EVP via the desktop icon, I went directly into the Bevelstone folder and ran it from there and it worked, thanks for the help!

Brandon
brandon1423
Ny Bruger

Return to EditVoicepack Support