Airport NAME in ATC conversations missing

The official support forum for EditVoicepack

Airport NAME in ATC conversations missing

Postby mrinsane » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:46 pm

Hi folks,

First of all, please forgive me if I'm wrong, but I could not find any topic related to my problem.

I have my own airport (FSX), and using EVP-X I have created and, in my opinion successfully, updated the Voicepack. I am sure that it had some effect: my very own virtual airline is announced with the new callsign.

However, in the ATC, for IFR clearance for instance, the airport's name is not called (and it does not show up in the text, either). It is only Ground, Approach, Clearance, etc. I see, however, a small white-space in front of these words, indicating there should appear something in front (which it doesn't). The funny thing is though, when I'm flying IFR TOWARDS my airfield, getting clearance for takeoff, it does call the airport's name.
Strange. Could somebody assist / suggest what to do?
"Tack så mycket" / many thanks in advance!!!

/Paul[/i]
mrinsane
Ny Bruger

Postby cattz » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:11 pm

I had a problem with the text not showing. I think it was that the name was not in the 'phrase' box. Make sure that's there, then save etc.
HTH.
cattz
Ny Bruger

Postby mrinsane » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:24 pm

Thanks for the response. And yeah, I checked, checked and double-checked. I did that, what you suggested.
The problem, moreover, is that the sound is also not played (so, not only the text does not show up, it has no effect at all, concerning me having initial conversations with ATC)
mrinsane
Ny Bruger

Postby Lars » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:04 pm

When you create an EKCH entry for your airport (the one you hear when your airport is used as a destination) EditVoicepack will automatically create an Agent entry as well using the "phrase" of the ICAO entry as the agent identifier.

You must make sure all your radios have the agent name matching the phrase of the ICAO modifications in whatever software you use to define the airport and its radio frequencies etc.
Lars
FSOnline

SOLVED the problem

Postby mrinsane » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:52 am

:D
Yes! This worked! Thanks a lot.
mrinsane
Ny Bruger

Return to EditVoicepack Support