Reconizing old fs9 EVP mods without export/importing?

The official support forum for EditVoicepack

Reconizing old fs9 EVP mods without export/importing?

Postby deepblueskyy » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:52 am

Ok, I had made major modifications in FS9 (using the old EVP version) on my old computer but never bothered to export them. I did, however, save the old modified FS9 USEnglishBig, EvpAcclerated files.
To make them work in FSX, I simply changed the name of the files to the ones in the FSX sound/ATC folder and they actually work flawlessly.

Here is the problem. Now I want to add more, new mods but I have no way of opening that old modified file. EditVoicepackX doesn't see those old FS9s mods. I can't go back to the old system and get them out because that system is now long gone. I tried to install the old version EVP 3.1 to see if it would see those mods but I guess without the old config file, it doesn't know they are there either.
So I can't export/import all those mods that I spent hours and hours working on.

I tried to update the pack and it just erases (overwrites) the old mods. Fortunately I kept a copy of the old one with the mods.

Is there a way for me to make those mods show up again without going back and recreating every one?
Somewhere in those .gvp files is all the data for my mods. I just can't get at it.
They're in there, EditVoicePackX just can't see them!

Thanks for any help or advice!

~S
deepblueskyy
Ny Bruger

Postby Lars » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:17 pm

Sorry, there is not really anything to do in this situation.

EditVoicepack always works from the original wave files to avoid one modification to ruin another. Each modification is just a definition on which segments to include. It is not possible to recalculate this information based on the content of the GVP file.
Lars
FSOnline

Postby deepblueskyy » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:57 pm

Hi Lars,

Thank you so much for the quick reply. I figured this was the case. I am going through the tedious process of recreating all of the mods again.
This time I plan to export and share them with the community. I have modified over 50 ICAO codes in southern and western USA and working on having entire sections of the USA modified. It really is nice flying into an uncontrolled airport where AI traffic use the airport name instead of the designator.

Thanks again for your contributions to the sim world.

~S
deepblueskyy
Ny Bruger

Return to EditVoicepack Support