EVP 4.0 Error

The official support forum for EditVoicepack

EVP 4.0 Error

Postby Bob Fam » Sun May 26, 2013 1:17 am

I uninstalled EVP 4.07 and reinstalled it. I tried to Click on File and I get this error:

The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoadFile(String path, Evidence evidence)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFile(String path)
at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.InstallerApi.InternalUseOnly.AppDomainEntryPoint.IsProcessElevationRequired(String processUpdaterPath, String flightSimulatorPath, Boolean updateAirlinesCfg) in D:\Documents\Bevelstone\Flight Simulator\EditVoicepack\InstallerApi\InternalUseOnly.cs:line 66
at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.InstallerApi.InternalUseOnly.AppDomainEntryPoint.IsProcessElevationRequired(String processUpdaterPath, String flightSimulatorPath, Boolean updateAirlinesCfg)
at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.InstallerApi.VoicepackUpdater.GetIsProcessElevationRequired(Boolean updateAirlinesCfg) in D:\Documents\Bevelstone\Flight Simulator\EditVoicepack\InstallerApi\VoicepackUpdater.cs:line 149
at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.Client.MainForm.FileSubmenuOpened(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e) in D:\Documents\Bevelstone\Flight Simulator\EditVoicepack\Client\MainForm.xaml.cs:line 660

I don't even have a D:\ drive.

I also get an Avast error that says WIN32:EVO-gen[Susp].

What can I do to install the latest EVP to my gvp file in FSX?

Thanks, regards, Bob.
Bob Fam
Bruger

Postby Lars » Sun May 26, 2013 8:57 am

The D drive referenced is not on your computer, it is on mine. It points me to the location in the source code the error happened.

The file it can't load is the code it needs to perform the update. If you get the AVAST error at the same time EditVoicepack fail, then it's most likely AVAST blocking access to it as it think it contains a Trojan.

There are some possibilities:
1) EditVoicepack being infected (which could happen if my computer was infected as it was created)
Unlikely - EditVoicepack is years old and others would have found the same issue. But of course, unlikely does not mean impossible.

2) Your computer is infected

3) False positive from AVAST

You can use: http://www.avast.com/contact-form.php to report a suspected false positive to AVAST. The file that is likely to be picked up by AVAST is: EditVoicepackUpdateProcess.exe
Lars
FSOnline

Postby Bob Fam » Sun May 26, 2013 5:03 pm

Hi Lars. OK. Thanks.
I have checked my computer for viruses and it is clean. I have virus checked all the EVP program files and they are clean. I do not even have an exe program like you stated on all my computer. I just checked both drives and it is not there. I might just try and shutoff the antivirus while I try to run the EVP update. Do you have any other solutions? Where is the exe program you stated supposed to be located? Thanks, regards, Bob.
Bob Fam
Bruger

Postby Lars » Tue May 28, 2013 6:42 am

The file might not be on your system - as far as I recall it is embedded in the EditVoicepack executable and then written to the C:\ProgramData\... (something I can't remember) once you run UpdateVoicepack. But if AVAST block the file it will probably prevent it from being written.

You can try to disable AVAST for EditVoicepack, but make sure you got it from a reliable location - for example downloaded from the link on www.editvoicepack.com.
Lars
FSOnline

Return to EditVoicepack Support