[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FSOnline.dk • View topic - Edit Voice Pk Write Issue

Edit Voice Pk Write Issue

The official support forum for EditVoicepack

Edit Voice Pk Write Issue

Postby Lawgiver » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:57 pm

Hi Lars,

Hope you are doing well. Been using EVP for some time now (outstanding tool by the way) and just noticed an error after reinstalling my payware after a fresh FSX install.
I am using Fly Tampa's Kai Tak. A known issue with the scenery is when speaking with atc, FSX does not use "Kai Tak" in its phraseology ie. Kai Tak Tower, Kai Tak Ground, Kai Tak approach, etc. Easy enough to fix using EVP which Martin of Fly Tampa suggested when I first purchased the scenery a couple of years ago. I have the necessary agent names to add "Kai Tak" to FSX and have done so in the past without incident. However, this time I decided to just add an ICAO modification "VHHX Kai Tak" and see if EVP would write the agent names correctly to FSX. I had to modify the Kai Tak afcad comm list and replace the unique identifiers with "Kai Tak" All worked well and the usual ATC comms were present. The only issue was that every AI ship used in the scenery was calling Kai Tak for IFR clearance. While amusing, not the desired result.
I learned yesterday from another forum post the AI ship issue is the reason Fly Tampa used the unique identifiers in the comm list. So, I went about correcting the issue by removing the ICAO mod, using the original identifiers listed in the comms section of the afcad and using my "agent names" modifications I have. All worked well as I expected. Kai Tak was restored into ATC communications and the AI ships are not being heard. Now for the issue.....I noticed the frequency being used for departure is not what is listed in the comms section of the afcad. ATC is using the approach frequency while saying "departure" All the other frequencies are being used correctly. I am wondering if this is an EVP issue as to why ATC is not using the correct frequency?? The identifier for departure is correct. I have also checked the surrounding area to make sure the departure frequency isn't being used elsewhere. Why wouldn't FSX use the correct frequency??
I apologize for the lengthy post but I wanted to you some background info vs just asking why the wrong frequency is being used. I have attached a screen of the comms list for the afcad. Thanks for you time.

Regards,
Rob

Lawgiver
Ny Bruger

Postby Lawgiver » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:48 pm

Lars.....anyone??? Is this forum still active??

Regards,
Rob
Lawgiver
Ny Bruger

Postby Lars » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:18 am

Yes the forum is still active - but not checked every day. Unfortunately my Google reader replacement does not appear to pick up the RSS feed. :(

EVP can not make any change that affect the frequencies or agents available. The only thing EVP can modify is which sound segment and text snippet is used when ATC reads out the agent name.
Lars
FSOnline

Postby Lawgiver » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:42 pm

Hi Lars,

I apologize for my lack of patience. Thanks for getting back to me. I understand and will look elsewhere to resolve the issue.

Regards,
Rob
Lawgiver
Ny Bruger

Return to EditVoicepack Support