[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FSOnline.dk • View topic - Can't Update EVPAccelerated.gvp

Can't Update EVPAccelerated.gvp

The official support forum for EditVoicepack

Can't Update EVPAccelerated.gvp

Postby Bob Fam » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:44 pm

I have FSX on a WIN7 64 bit computer. I have tried to update the gvp with EVP X. It says the EVPAccelerated1.gvp is not found. I have checked that it does exist in the ATC folder under Sound. The path is all correct but it says it cannot be found. When I try to update it it erases the EVPAccelerated1.gvp file. I do have a backup which I put back in the ATC folder. FSX sound works fine with it. I have tried running it as Administrator and by deleting the EVPAccelerated.gvp file as I read on another Forum. I have run it with UAC turned off also with the same failure. Thanks, Bob.

Update: Here is my error report. What is strange is that it refers to a D:\drive. I have no D:\ drive. My EVP4 is on E:\

Updating the voicepack failed
at

Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.ThirdPartyInstaller.Installer.UpdateVoicepackSynchronou

s() in D:\Documents\Bevelstone\Flight Simulator\EditVoicepack\DataModel

\ThirdPartyInstaller\Installer.cs:line 94
at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.UpdateProcess.HiddenForm.WorkerThread(Object

state) in D:\Documents\Bevelstone\Flight Simulator\EditVoicepack\UpdateProcess

\HiddenForm.cs:line 134

Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight

Simulator X\Sound\ATC\EvpAccelerated1.gvp'.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access,

Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions

options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access,

FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean

bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.DataModel.Gvp.GvpHandler.ReadHeader() in D:

\Documents\Bevelstone\Flight Simulator\EditVoicepack\DataModel\Gvp

\GvpHandler.cs:line 35
at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.DataModel.Gvp.GvpUpdater..ctor(GvpHandler

orgGvpHandler, FlightSimInfo flightSimInfo, DataStorage dataStorage) in D:

\Documents\Bevelstone\Flight Simulator\EditVoicepack\DataModel\Gvp

\GvpUpdater.cs:line 15
at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.ThirdPartyInstaller.Installer.ThreadFunction() in

D:\Documents\Bevelstone\Flight Simulator\EditVoicepack\DataModel

\ThirdPartyInstaller\Installer.cs:line 172
Bob Fam
Bruger

Postby Lars » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:36 pm

The D drive referenced is on my computer - it tells me the source file the error is in making some errors easier to troubleshoot.

Have you tried following these steps to restore the original Flight Simulator voicepack?
http://www.fsonline.dk/en/index.php?tit ... _voicepack

If you copy a backup file into the folder without deleting the files mentioned here EditVoicepack is likely to become somewhat confused.
Lars
FSOnline

Thanks Lars

Postby Bob Fam » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:38 am

Thanks Lars. I did just that and got a new gvp that is 406,376,448 (on disk) in the Properties. Is that correct?

In looking at the new Telephony Designators how can they be called out in the FSX aircraft.cfg so the military planes use the new callouts? I am interested in the military callouts.

I have a program called VPEdit.exe that reads the gvp file and I don't see any of the new callouts. Is there some way to listen to them in the new GVP?

Thanks for a great program and best regards, Bob.
Bob Fam
Bruger

Postby Bob Fam » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:34 am

I rechecked VPEdit and the new callsigns do show up in the gvp file as airlines. I had a military plane and I changed the airline to Bagder for a test. It is now called Badger. Sorry for the question. It must have updated OK as the new gvp is much larger that the default gvp file. Thanks for the help Lars. Bob.
Bob Fam
Bruger

Return to EditVoicepack Support