"{AGNT_HUMAN}" and "{PILOT_HUMAN}" markers?

The official support forum for EditVoicepack

"{AGNT_HUMAN}" and "{PILOT_HUMAN}" markers?

Postby mikejr » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:02 am

Hi Lars,

I don't mean to keep you busy answering questions! :lol:

I've been trying to add some custom handoffs - which, I assume {AGNT_HUMAN} and {PILOT_HUMAN} are supposed to simulate (?) - to the change frequency phraseology, e.g "Speedbird 1228 contact London Control on 122.45. Bye bye." as well as for instance the post-IFR clearance 'contact ground' communication.

I have created several of my own custom phrases such as "many thanks, b'bye," and "thank you" with the above identifiers and added them into some of the handover phraseology... and that is where the mystery arises. :|

I'm looking at adding them in addition to the stock phraseology and looking at the existing changover phraseology I have added the markers correctly by defining "{AGNT_HUMAN}" or "{PILOT_HUMAN}" (without quotation marks) in the 'Phrase' box and adding the yellow markers and labelling them the same as in the phrase box "AGNT_HUMAN" and "PILOT_HUMAN" to the appropriate place, usually right at the end, in the soundtrack itself in the 'Markers' box.

Before testing in the sim I made sure any relevant community mods were disabled, however, the controllers and pilots are now much less friendly to each other as FSX does not seem to use either of the {AGNT_HUMAN} or {PILOT_HUMAN} phrases! :cry:

I haven't set 'replace existing' on any of my custom {PILOT_HUMAN} or {AGNT_HUMAN} mods but based on my other post I don't think that should make too much difference?

What am I doing wrong? Are there any conditions that have to be met before those markers will be used?

Let me know if you need further clarification or more info.

Cheers,

Michael. :)
mikejr
Ny Bruger

Re: "{AGNT_HUMAN}" and "{PILOT_HUMAN}" markers?

Postby Lars » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:03 pm

Sorry for the delay replying, I had to take a few days with limited computer interaction to recover from using the mouse a bit too much.

Unfortunately I can't really give you an answer. While I do (obviously) have a reasonable understanding of the data format used for the ATC recordings (or at lease I did those years back when I wrote it, I won't claim I still remember it), I have very limited knowledge of how the data is being used. And I am not aware of anyone that has that knowledge.

Looking from the datastructure, it does indeed look like adding more "PILOT_HUMAN" and "AGNT_HUMAN" modifications would work. I do not even remember if stock ATC use these phrases ever (it has been a lot of years since I used stock ATC) :)

If the stock ATC does not use it, they might have been removed programmatically - not sure why this would be done, but maybe someone did not like the extra phrases being used, but did not want to change existing GVP files. If this is the case, it might be possible to add new ones instead (using a different identifier). But it would require quite some work to investigate this, and I do not believe I'll be able to find the time this year.
Lars
FSOnline

Postby mikejr » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:52 pm

No worries at all Lars.

Wow - it sounds like you are busy! I'm surprised I've not suffered from anything like that yet... :|

Thank you for confirming my own suspicions that the feature is not working by default.

With regard to creating a new phrase with a new identifier, can one simply just create a new identifier and reference it with relevant markers in other phraseology or is there more to it than that?

Cheers,

Michael. :)
mikejr
Ny Bruger

Postby Lars » Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:03 pm

Well, maybe the reason I am so busy is because I insist on taking plenty of time to relax as well. You can always do more when it comes to programming, so if you plan to wait until you are done taking a break, you are not going to get any breaks. :)

I do believe you can simply add a new identifier and use it in a marker. But I have not played with this resently and my memory is dodgy at best. :)
Lars
FSOnline

Return to EditVoicepack Support