Suggestions for EVP XL

The official support forum for EditVoicepack

Suggestions for EVP XL

Postby Jammerjonn » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:52 am

I love EVP and have upgraded several time to now version XL for FSXSE. May I make a suggestion for the next upgrade, patch, etc? Since most of us use the "fast" setting, I would like to suggest cutting out some of the un-necessary transmissions, such as, when we are at the runway and announce ready for take off. We can see another plane on the runway waiting to take off so why have the tower tell us "traffic is A319 on the runway". Instead just say "Ok, copy, hold position, or some other response that make s sense. On the other hand I wish ATC would give more landing\take off info than it current does, such as "wind at xxx from xxx direction." I wish it was more realest, living by a major airport, ATC doesn't always sound so formal on the radio, but more human involved. I hear pilots say hey we need more time to load cargo, handicap passengers etc. This could play when we take to long to push back after getting our taxi clearance. Thanks
Jammerjonn
Ny Bruger

Re: Suggestions for EVP XL

Postby Lars » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:32 am

Most of this does actually not require a new version of EditVoicepack - it is controlled by the data files, which means users can make several of these changes directly. I do need to write a tutorial on how to change existing phrases. Unfortunately writing tutorials takes time, and that time has to come directly off the time I spend on adding features to EditVoicepack - so I can't make any promises on when it will be available.

Some of the changes you suggest are already in EditVoicepack if you select the ICAO phraseology, It appears the users who spend the time to create these phrases and upload them to my server was focusing on ICAO, so it's limited how much EditVoicepack change the FAA terminology, But that could change in case some user decided to pick it up and submit it to my server - or I might do it myself. I would like to, but again - time is the limiting factor.

Umfortunately it is only possible to change what ATC is saying (within limits), it is not possible to change when they say something. So adding something when you spend too long before pushback is unfortunately not possible with the ATC speech engine,
Lars
FSOnline

Re: Suggestions for EVP XL

Postby Jammerjonn » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:16 pm

Thank you for your time Sir. I do really like this program. I just compare it to what I hear on my scanner from the airport. Most of the ATC was from Microsoft. I did suggest to Dovetail games that they are some things I would like to see and hear in their next update. When flying at 35,000 ft and I ask to drop down the 25,000 to prepare for landing, within 2 mins ATC is harassing me to get to 25,000 asap etc...... Thank you again for all your efforts to make FSX more real and fun to use.
:D
Jammerjonn
Ny Bruger

Return to EditVoicepack Support