No sound in Editvoicepack XL

The official support forum for EditVoicepack

No sound in Editvoicepack XL

Postby may433 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:00 pm

I have been using Editvoicepack for some time and experienced no difficulty. I updated to the latest version yesterday and now the sound will not play when I am in the program and either trying to listen to current callsigns or creating new ones. I uninstalled and re-installed the program but with no luck - still no sound.

I also was given this error message:-

Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at System.RuntimeType.InvokeMember(String name, BindingFlags bindingFlags, Binder binder, Object target, Object[] providedArgs, ParameterModifier[] modifiers, CultureInfo culture, String[] namedParams)
at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.InstallerApi.InternalUseOnly.AppDomainEntryPoint.IsProcessElevationRequired(String processUpdaterPath, String flightSimulatorPath, Boolean updateAirlinesCfg)
at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.InstallerApi.InternalUseOnly.AppDomainEntryPoint.IsProcessElevationRequired(String processUpdaterPath, String flightSimulatorPath, Boolean updateAirlinesCfg)
at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.InstallerApi.VoicepackUpdater.GetIsProcessElevationRequired(Boolean updateAirlinesCfg)
at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.Client.UpdateVoicepackSettings.<get_IsUacElevationRequired>b__30_1(<>f__AnonymousType16`2 <>h__TransparentIdentifier0)
at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectListIterator`2.MoveNext()
at System.Linq.Enumerable.Any[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.Client.UpdateVoicepackSettings.get_IsUacElevationRequired()
at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.Client.UpdateVoicepackWizard.UpdateVoicepackWizardStartPage.SetNextButtonText()
at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.Client.UpdateVoicepackWizard.UpdateVoicepackWizardStartPage.OnDataContextChanged(Object sender, DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.FrameworkElement.RaiseDependencyPropertyChanged(EventPrivateKey key, DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.FrameworkElement.OnDataContextChanged(DependencyObject d, DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.DependencyObject.OnPropertyChanged(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.FrameworkElement.OnPropertyChanged(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.DependencyObject.NotifyPropertyChange(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.DependencyObject.UpdateEffectiveValue(EntryIndex entryIndex, DependencyProperty dp, PropertyMetadata metadata, EffectiveValueEntry oldEntry, EffectiveValueEntry& newEntry, Boolean coerceWithDeferredReference, Boolean coerceWithCurrentValue, OperationType operationType)
at System.Windows.DependencyObject.SetValueCommon(DependencyProperty dp, Object value, PropertyMetadata metadata, Boolean coerceWithDeferredReference, Boolean coerceWithCurrentValue, OperationType operationType, Boolean isInternal)
at System.Windows.DependencyObject.SetValue(DependencyProperty dp, Object value)
at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.Client.BasicUI.ApplicationWindow.UpdateVoicepackButtonOnClick(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)

Could not load file or assembly 'Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.DomainModel, Version=5.3.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=1fde49c36acdfc5b' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.UpdateProcess.ApiEntryPoint.AssertRequiredPermissions(String flightSimulatorPath, Boolean updateAirlinesCfg)
at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.UpdateProcess.ApiEntryPoint.IsProcessElevationRequired(String flightSimulatorPath, Boolean updateAirlinesCfg)

Could someone please help me with this problem. Thank you.

John
may433
Ny Bruger

Re: No sound in Editvoicepack XL

Postby Lars » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:53 pm

To fix the problem, please try the following:
1) Uninstall EditVoicepack
2) Delete the folder C:\ProgramData\EditVoicepackX\Updater
3) Install EditVoicepack 5.3.1 available from http://editvoicepack.com/try-and-buy/

Notice the folder C:\ProgramData is a hidden folder. If you do not see it, please enter C:\ProgramData in the address bar of a Windows Explorer window - then it will open.

Regards
Lars
Lars
FSOnline

Postby may433 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:23 pm

Lars,

I'm afraid that this solution did not work either. The wav files will just not play in EditVoicePack. Until I installed the latest update, the program worked without a problem. I am running on Windows 10.

John
may433
Ny Bruger

Postby may433 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:25 pm

Any update -please?
may433
Ny Bruger

Postby Lars » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:58 am

Sorry for the delay.

Do you still get the error message? If so, when exactly - when starting EditVoicepack, when updating, when trying to play a sound, ...?

It could be a problem with the data files, please follow this procedure to restore the files (yes, I need to get it updated for P3Dv3, all I need for that is time - if you have P3Dv3 or FSX:SE please let me know)
http://editvoicepack.com/support/restor ... ice-files/

Also please try opening the mixer and see if EditVoicepack appears:
Right click the audio icon in the system tray and select "Open volume mixer"
Attempt to play a sound from EditVoicepack - does EditVoicepack appear in the Volume mixer interface - and isn't muted?

Finally please try to check the system files - EditVoicepack relies on Windows and the installed codecs to play back sound - it doesn't play on it's own. To restore system files, please follow this procedure:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833
Lars
FSOnline

Postby may433 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:22 am

Good morning Lars,

Thanks for your reply. First of all I am running FSX Acceleration in Windows 10 with no problems. The ATC voices in FSX work perfectly well.

My only problem is when I open EditVoicePack and try to play sounds within EditVoicePack. For instance, I went to Community Modifications - Telephone Designators - Registered Operators - Europe - United Kingdom - Air Cymru. The wav files appear in the approropriate windows but when I click on play in any of these files, nothing happens.

I opened the volume mixer (EditVoicePack is shown in the mixer) and kept it open on a second monitor. When I clicked on the play button in EditVoicePack a green slider appeared in the volume mixer under EditVoicePack(set at 100%) so there is obviously a connection somewhere, but no sound.

I replaced the USEnglishBig file in Sound/ATC. Everything works well in FSX.

I also ran the System Checker but no problems were detected.

I am confused. It would appear that my PC, for some reason, just does not want to run EVP any more. Very disappointing, as I use it quite a lot to create my own callsigns.

However, life is too short to worry so I'll just delete the program and put it down to experience.

Regards,

John
may433
Ny Bruger

Postby Lars » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:32 am

I have been googling a bit around, but did not find anything. Clearly Windows knows it is supposed to play something, it just decides not to. I fully understand your decision to just drop it. Fighting computer issues like this can easily drain days and often just isn't worth it. You can always try in a few months or a years time. Maybe some Windows updates have resolved the issue.
Lars
FSOnline

Return to EditVoicepack Support