Can't update Voicepack after SKYAI Traffic Install

The official support forum for EditVoicepack

Can't update Voicepack after SKYAI Traffic Install

Postby mcarrera87 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:50 am

I installed this addon and I think it messes with some of the ATC Sounds, I think I deleted the things it installed in sounds/atc, right now I only have USEnglishBig.gvp.org and USEnglishBig.gvp.

I restored the gvp.org to just gvp I checked and the ATC became as before, I can't use the disk because I have the steam version of FSX.

This is the error that is giving me now that I have restored the org.gvp:

Updating the voicepack failed
en Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.ThirdPartyInstaller.Installer.UpdateVoicepackSynchronous()
en Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.UpdateProcess.HiddenForm.WorkerThread(Object state)

Something went wrong reading the file
en Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.DataModel.WaveFile.ReadDataChunk(BinaryReader br)
en Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.DataModel.WaveFile.LoadFromStream(Stream stream)
en Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.DataModel.WaveFile..ctor(Byte[] fileData)
en Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.DataModel.Gvp.GvpAccelerator.PerformModification()
en Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.ThirdPartyInstaller.Installer.ThreadFunction()

Another weird thing is after I installed SKYAI Traffic, Editvoicepack thinks I have P3D Installed but it shows the path to FSX Steam...

I hope someone can help me fix this.

M
mcarrera87
Ny Bruger

Re: Can't update Voicepack after SKYAI Traffic Install

Postby Lars » Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:33 pm

I have no idea why restoring the original GVP file is not enough to fix the issue, but you can use Steam to make sure you have the correct file.

To do this, right click the game from the Steam library and select Properties. On the "local files" tab select "Verify integrity of game cache". It will revert all files that have been modified though, there is no way to select the gvp file only.

EditVoicepack will look for Prepar3D.exe in the folder - if it is present, it will identify it as a P3D installation. I can't say of SKYAI puts a Prepar3d.exe file in the folder.... it would be a pretty strange thing to do.... but then, strange things happen. :)
Lars
FSOnline

Postby mcarrera87 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:39 pm

I didn't want to lose all my add ons so I found my old FSX Gold DVD and restored as the instructions say, I also removed P3D.exe from FSX folder (No idea how that happened) I was finally able to run EditVoicepack with no issues, though I'm still not sure if it was because of the GVP or P3D, unfortunately I deleted the old GVP so no way to find out...

Anyways My DVD is in spanish since I live in Mexico, is there any way I can change the ATC text back to english?

Thanks again Lars!
mcarrera87
Ny Bruger

Postby Lars » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:59 pm

Unfortunately the text is "baked" into the GVP file, so you can't change the language without replacing the entire file. :(
Lars
FSOnline

Return to EditVoicepack Support