EVP_XL Problems

The official support forum for EditVoicepack

EVP_XL Problems

Postby Vic » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:06 am

Hi! Funny how when you get a real good add on for FSX, you wonder how did I even get along in the past without it. For me, EVP is one of those programs. I've been using it (like so many others) for many years now. My problem lately is that when I attempt to re-install EVP_XL, I get an error message that reads;" Root element is missing."

Then I'm prompted to copy the following message to the clipboard;

Root element is missing.
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.DataModel.FileDataMapper.ReadFromXml(DataStorage dataStorage, XmlReader reader, Boolean addToGroups)
at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.DataModel.FileDataMapper.LoadIfAvailable(DataStorage dataStorage, String[] files)
at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.DataModel.FileDataMapper.Load(DataStorage dataStorage)
at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.Client.BasicUI.ApplicationWindow.LoadWorkItem(Object state)

Please help! Thanks a Lot.

PS. I'm running Windows 10 64bit

Vic Croker
Vic
Ny Bruger

Re: EVP_XL Problems

Postby Lars » Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:24 pm

Hi.

It looks like your save file is corrupted somehow.

If you do not have any custom data to save, please delete the folder:
C:\ProgramData\EditVoicepackX

Please do notice C:\ProgramData is a hidden folder. You can type C:\ProgramData into the address bar of a Windows Explorer window to open it.

If you have data to save, please zip up the content of the folder and email it to me (support@editvoicepack.com).
Lars
FSOnline

Re: EVP_XL Problems

Postby Vic » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:53 pm

Hi Lars,
I deleted the corrupted file, reinstalled EVP and presto...It loaded just fine. Thanks so much for your help! I really appreciate you. Thanks again!!
Vic
Ny Bruger

Return to EditVoicepack Support