Newbie Question

The official support forum for EditVoicepack

Newbie Question

Postby vicashley » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:41 pm

I want to replace some of the missing telephony designators with some available from the Community Modifications. How do I go about this please as the subject does not seem to appear in the tutorials and no manual exists?

Using FSX and Win 7

vicashley
vicashley
Ny Bruger

Re: Newbie Question

Postby Lars » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:27 pm

This is unfortunately not something you can do from within EditVoicepack yet. It is on my "things I should do" list, but unfortunately I am not having a lot of time these days, as I am preparing to sell my apartment.

When you open a "missing telephony designator" node EditVoicepack will display the path to the folder containing the aircraft.cfg file. Click this path to open an Explorer window. Now open aircraft.cfg in notepad and go to the [fltsim.X] section indicated in EditVoicepack. Now find the ATC_AIRLINE= line and change the value to the callsign you want to use.

Notice there is nothing special related to EditVoicepack here - the changes are the same you would make without EditVoicepack, you just have a lot more options for callsigns with EditVoicepack. The ATC related data in the file hasn't changed since FS2004 either, so for details I recommend you take a look at this page:
http://woodair.net/Flight_Sim/tutorial/FST_CFG.htm
Lars
FSOnline

Re: Newbie Question

Postby vicashley » Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:31 pm

Thank you, I'll try that

vicashley
vicashley
Ny Bruger

Return to EditVoicepack Support