Line Up and Wait, P3D, v3.3.5

The official support forum for EditVoicepack

Line Up and Wait, P3D, v3.3.5

Postby pgde » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:06 pm

Hi:

Newbie here using EVP XL 5.3.1. How do I change taxi into position and hold to line up and wait? I am using the FAA phraseology and have tried updating from your server with no luck.

Many thanks,

Peter
pgde
Ny Bruger

Re: Line Up and Wait, P3D, v3.3.5

Postby Lars » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:58 pm

I had not noticed FAA switched the terminology. I will try to look at it this weekend, but I can't promise I can make it. :( Unfortunately I am extremely busy at the moment.

It is possible to enable it through the advanced UI.
Lars
FSOnline

Postby pgde » Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:23 pm

Thanks. How does one do it with the Advanced UI?
pgde
Ny Bruger

Postby Lars » Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:07 am

I just pushed out the update, so if you start EditVoicepack and run "Update Flight Simulator with new ATC capabilities" it should change to line up and wait for FAA as well.

I did not have the possibility to verify it, I reverted to a fresh install of my flight simulators, and I need some more traffic to be put in line. :)
But it should work (famous last words). If not, please let me know. I will unfortunately be on holiday soon, and while I can work with EditVoicepack on holiday, I can't actually run FSX/P3D to verify, as I use a stationary computer for development.

If you want to play around with including select ICAO phrases even though you use FAA simply set the checkboxes in the Community Modifications/Phraseology/ICAO branch.

If the checkbox is set: This modification will be included.
If the checkbox is cleared: This modification will not be included.
If in the 3rd state: It will be included if the parent folder is included only. This is the default state. Switching between FAA/ICAO simply sets the appropriate parent folder checkbox.
Lars
FSOnline

Postby pgde » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:44 pm

Hi Lars:

Not trying to be funny, but in the checkbox (as you described) there seems to be a 4th option -- a blue solid fill box.. Here is a screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ve4i3j75yy2v58g/bluebox.jpg?dl=0.

I also haven't had a lot of time but if I remember correctly, the controllers are now saying "Line Up and Wait", but the "readback" from the pilot to the controller is still "Taxi Into Position and Hold".

Hope you are having a good summer!

P.
pgde
Ny Bruger

Postby Lars » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:11 pm

Sorry, I missed that one. Try running EditVoicepack again.

The blue box (in your case, different versions/settings of Windows changes how it looks) is the 3rd option. The other two options are the one with a checkmark, and the empty one.
Lars
FSOnline

Return to EditVoicepack Support