FSX-SE Crashes After Installing Editvoicepack

The official support forum for EditVoicepack

FSX-SE Crashes After Installing Editvoicepack

Postby skyseek » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:18 pm

I installed EditVoicePack in FSX-SE (Windows 10). It is causing FSX-SE to crash intermittently. I uninstalled it through the installer and I assume it restored the default FSX-SE voice files, and the issue went away.

Any ideas what I need to do?

Thanks!
skyseek
Ny Bruger

Re: FSX-SE Crashes After Installing Editvoicepack

Postby Lars » Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:55 pm

It is unfortunately hard to troubleshoot intermittent problems only occurring on a single (or few) systems. :(

1) Ensure you have the latest audio drivers installed.
2) Try changing the speed of the ATC in EditVoicepack. This will change all the generated sound files, hopefully no longer generating the data causing the problem.
3) This is where it get tedious - try deselecting parts of the modifications EditVoicepack makes (for example, try not changing ATC phraseology, then try not adding callsigns). Slowly it is possible to narrow down which modification(s) cause the problem. This is not a fun thing to do, so I hope 1) or 2) will solve the problem.
Lars
FSOnline

Postby skyseek » Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:02 am

Thanks for the reply..

I reinstalled EVP and did one flight, and it seemed to work fine. Although I just set the speed to the next faster setting, and it seems OK. Can someone give me a specific phraseology change FAA US change so I can verify that Editvoicepak is installed correctly?

Or some other indicator?

Thanks!
skyseek
Ny Bruger

Postby Lars » Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:42 am

It is good to hear you got it working.

You can check the instruction you get to enter the runway after another departing plane in IFR. Without EditVoicepack, the instruction is "position and hold", with EditVoicepack (both FAA and ICAO) "Line up and wait" are used.

Alternatively try changing your own callsign to one of the callsigns provided by EditVoicepack, for example "Cimber". Then you can quickly set up an IFR flight and check ATC say (and write out) the callsign.
Lars
FSOnline

Postby skyseek » Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:22 pm

Heard the line up and wait for the A/C behind me!

Thanks!
skyseek
Ny Bruger

Return to EditVoicepack Support