Missing airline callsign

The official support forum for EditVoicepack

Missing airline callsign

Postby mnahas » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:42 am

Hi, Lars.

I have a registered EditVoicepack XL. After updating Prepar3D V3.4.9 voicepack with new airline callsigns (telephony designators), I have this error:

Campinas Ground, 3000, ready to taxi, IFR.

Antonov 3000, taxi holding point for runway 15 using taxiway G H C D. Contact tower on 118.25 when ready.

Taxi to and hold short runway 15 using taxiway G H C D, 3000.
"

The "Antonov" callsign is being used sometimes only with tower voice, sometimes only with AI aircraft. It occurs with other callsings too.

Could you help me?
mnahas
Ny Bruger

Re: Missing airline callsign

Postby Er!k » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:26 am

Per VoicePack you have 10 different voices, can you please check that for your Antonov callsign? Maybe only voice 1 is filled and the rest is not...
Er!k
Ny Bruger

Postby mnahas » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:24 pm

Antonov callsign and all other callsigns have 10 different voices filled (Pilot 0 - 9).

I'm using:

Voice speed: Default

ATC phraseology: Leave unmodified

Airline call sign list: Update

Do I need to check Replace existing?
mnahas
Ny Bruger

Postby Lars » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:07 pm

"Replace existing" is used if you want your callsign to replace the existing FS callsign. The only reason for using "Replace existing" for a callsign is if FS contains a badly pronounced callsign.

As already suggested, the first thing to check is that you have the callsign defined for all 10 voices. If this is the case (as it appears to be here), try increasing the ATC speed (you can change it back afterwards). This forces EditVoicepack to regenerate all sound files. Without the speed change it will reuse existing soundfiles it already generated - good for speed, but not so good if there is a problem in the generated files. :)

If this does not work, check is if there are two copies of the file containing the voice file present on the system. P3d would then load two, and sometimes you would get the voice where EditVoicepack added your callsigns, other times you would get the default voice.

The easiest way to check this is to try to change the pilot voice. If you see two copies of each voice (so 2 x "Pilot 0 (male)" etc.) then there are two files. If you see this, please post here and I'll provide instructions on how to get rid of the extra file.
Lars
FSOnline

Postby mnahas » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:21 am

Bingo! There was two .gvp files under "...\Prepar3D v3\Sound\ATC" folder. I thought only USEnglishBig.gvp would be loaded by P3D. My older .gvp file was renamed as USEnglishBig (backup).gvp

This older .gvp file was made with free EditVoicePack X and I have made a lot of modifications in it.

Is there a way to import all my modifications from the older USEnglishBig.gvp into EditVoicePack XL? I still have old EditVoicePack X instalation folder but it does not work anymore because i have uninstalled FSX. Where did EditVoicePack X save my modifications? Is there a way to copy this file to my new EditVoicePack XL folder and load it?

Thank you so much, Lars!
mnahas
Ny Bruger

Postby Lars » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:59 pm

Did you move to a new computer or something? I would expect EditVoicepack XL to simply load the data you already had in EditVoicepack X.

Your data is stored in the file:
"C:\ProgramData\EditVoicepackX\EditVoicepackData.xml.gzip"

and it is used by both EditVoicepack X and EditVoicepack XL (currently they use the same data format),

There is no way to extract the data from your old GVP file. It only contains the generated wave files, not information on how they where created in EditVoicepack.
Lars
FSOnline

Return to EditVoicepack Support