Install error Editvoicepak XL - evaluation copy

The official support forum for EditVoicepack

Install error Editvoicepak XL - evaluation copy

Postby plenothayou » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:48 pm

I'm trying to install and get the following message after the install fails:

I'm not sure what to do next. I am running Win 10, P3D 3.4

Any advice would be appreciated. Thankyou.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Updating the voicepack failed
at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.ThirdPartyInstaller.Installer.UpdateVoicepackSynchronous()
at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.UpdateProcess.HiddenForm.WorkerThread(Object state)

Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.DataModel.Gvp.GvpHandler.GetSoundSegmentRawData(SoundSegment segment, Int32 orderedVoiceIndex, UInt32& samplesPerSecond)
at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.DataModel.Gvp.GvpHandler.GetAdpcmData(SoundSegmentCollection soundSegments, Int32 orderedVoiceIndex, WaveMarkerCollection waveMarkers)
at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.DataModel.Gvp.GvpUpdater.PrepareDataStructureMerge(UInt32 currentEndOfFile, GvpIdentifier orgIdentifier, GvpIdentifier identifier, Modification m, WaveCacheController waveCache) at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.DataModel.Gvp.GvpUpdater.PerformModification()
at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.ThirdPartyInstaller.Installer.ThreadFunction()

Edit:
Looking at some of the other posts and support help pages:
Default ATC is working.
I've sent the install log files to you
Also I do have Sky AI v1.5 installed, not exactly sure if these details help figuring out what went wrong.
plenothayou
Ny Bruger

Re: Install error Editvoicepak XL - evaluation copy

Postby Lars » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:05 pm

Unfortunately this happens quite often, and it is always the same reason: A corrupt flight simulator data file.

Did you use EditVoicepack before? If so, something probably went wrong at that time. If not, then something else has modified the file and left it in an incomplete state. I do not know if Sky AI is modifying the file or not, I tried googling what Sky AI is doing, but was unable to find any clear information.

The best is to restore the original file. Unfortunately P3D makes this somewhat difficult, I'll PM you a workaround.
Lars
FSOnline

Postby jeffmcnair » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:41 am

Same here. Mine was working fine for a while, I created and edited a few callsigns and loaded them in prepa3d now problem. I have sky ai as well, but I also decided to install mfs steam edition, and it started to get the error sometime after that. Anyway, would you mind sending me that work around as well?
Thanks,
Jeff
jeffmcnair
Ny Bruger

Postby Lars » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:03 pm

I send you a PM with the fix. I'll keep monitoring this to see if sky AI can be a contributing factor. I'll also try a clean install of P3D as I have been working off updates - unfortunately this will have to wait a few weeks as it is time for a quick holiday trip to spend some time with family. :)
Lars
FSOnline

Return to EditVoicepack Support