All modifications lost, but wav files still usable in FSX

The official support forum for EditVoicepack

All modifications lost, but wav files still usable in FSX

Postby pedrornunes96 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:13 pm

Hi all,

I recently migrated from an old HDD to an SSD drive weeks ago, and thought I had backed up all files needed to keep my modifications from EVP4, using the .gvp file in the Sound folder of FSX. However, I found out that I couldn't see all of my modifications in the EVP panel, and therefore couldn't change anything. I also found out that I could hear the wavefiles while using the modified .gvp file I backed up, in FSX. My question is - Can I extract the raw wav files from the .gvp file to re-create the .evp modifications I had, or share it with the community? I didn't want to remake the whole modifications all over again...

I really don't know what to do, other than to go to a technician and see if, in the old HDD drive, I still have my old files in the "Program Data" folder (which I only recently discovered I had to backup files from there too :? ). If convenient, I can send the .gvp file to you.

Thanks for any response :)
pedrornunes96
Ny Bruger

Re: All modifications lost, but wav files still usable in FS

Postby Lars » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:02 pm

Sorry, there is no way to recover the editvoicepack modifications from the gvp file. :(
Lars
FSOnline

Postby pedrornunes96 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:13 pm

Ok, bad to hear, guess I'll head for the technician and try to recover the data... If unable, it's a lot of work I'll have to remake :|

Other than that, can you still use the same voice speed settings when updating the voicepack with new modifications? I.e. when changing to faster speed settings, will all wav files change to the same speed or will my modifications be even faster than the default ones (due to an additive effect)?
pedrornunes96
Ny Bruger

Postby Lars » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:12 pm

Either EditVoicepack will fail updating as the recordings no longer match what it needs to build the modifications, or it will simply rebuild the file ignoring all your existing content - it depends on what exactly was done.
Lars
FSOnline

Return to EditVoicepack Support