EVP XL strange going ons

The official support forum for EditVoicepack

EVP XL strange going ons

Postby tcvalley » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:17 pm

I'm not a stranger to EVP, but this is my first time using the forum as I have had no problems in the past. I'm running P3DV3 on Win7-64 if that helps.
Recently I have noticed that it has been taking multiple updates to add new airline voice files to FS both community mods and my own. The strange part is that the files show up in the advanced section of EVP XL and the airline names show up in the airline.cfg file. Currently I am trying to add Juneyao Airlines. I have tried multiple times to get the new voice to show up in the sim. It is a community mod and the title shows in my airline.cfg. I have tried to add a new database by increasing the speed, but that does not seem to work. I did replace the initial voice file because all the rest of EVP seems to be working. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tom
tcvalley
Ny Bruger

Re: EVP XL strange going ons

Postby Lars » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:13 pm

Do you have multiple files with the extension ".gvp" in Sound/ATC folder of your P3D installation? If so, what are the names of them?
Lars
FSOnline

Postby tcvalley » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:27 pm

Lars,

Thank you for your response. Here is what I have:
EvpAccelerated2.gvp
EvpWaveCache.bin
USEnglishBig.evpOrg

This is in the ASOS folder: USEnglishASOS.gvp

I hope this helps.

Thanks again.
Tom
tcvalley
Ny Bruger

Postby Lars » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:37 am

That is unfortunately the correct files (unfortunate as in: if it wasn't, fixing this would be easy) :)

Have you by accident changed the checkbox state next to the modification in the tree of the advanced userinterface.

The checkboxes have three states:
Cleared: Do not include this modification
Checked: Include this modification
3rd state: Include this modification if the folder it is in is included.

I recommend leaving the checkboxes at the 3rd state except the "Community Modifications" root node - that should be checked.

As it can be a bit difficult to see what will happen when the 3rd state there is another visual clue: If the modification is "grayed out" in the tree it will not be in your Flight Simulator, as the checkbox states of the modification or one of the parent folders deselects it.
Lars
FSOnline

Postby tcvalley » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:53 pm

Thanks Lars,

That is good info. I have always wondered the significance of those check boxes. I also have wondered why when you check high in the tree why all the branches do not get checked. It is a pain to check every single airline, but if that is what it takes I will do it. I check and get back to you.

Tom
tcvalley
Ny Bruger

Postby tcvalley » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:05 pm

Well I'm back. The good news is that I was able to import the Air Juneyao vpcmod file from AVSIM and install it into EVP with no problems. I cannot explain why the Community file wouldn't load and will let the experts handle that problem. For now the mod sounds great in the sim so my mission is accomplished. Thank you Lars at least I learned about the check boxes.

Tom
tcvalley
Ny Bruger

Return to EditVoicepack Support