5.4.1 not working with P3d v4

The official support forum for EditVoicepack

5.4.1 not working with P3d v4

Postby snave » Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:26 am

No supported Flight Simulator found in the folder: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.DomainModel.FlightSimulatorDefinitions.FlightSimulatorDefinition.GetDefinition(String fsRootPath, Boolean throwIfNotFound)
at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.DataModel.FlightSimInfo..ctor(String fsRootPath, Boolean allowFileUpdate)
at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.Client.FlightSimulatorNotFoundDialog.OkClickEventHandler(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)

I updated to v4 and this is the message I see on starting EvP. I have tried the manual pointing to the `new` Prepar3d.exe but the installer just sits there with the `Flight simulator not found` window and EvP initialising in the background.

EvP is operating with full permission with admin privileges.

Any suggestions? Is there a manual hack to insert the sim details, which IS in default location and in the Registry?
snave
Ny Bruger

Re: 5.4.1 not working with P3d v4

Postby Lars » Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:38 pm

There is no override. EditVoicepack wil get the file version from the Prepar3D.exe file and use that to determine which simulator it is - this is required for it to find and generate config files in the correct location and format.

Please right click the Prepar3d.exe file and select properties.
On the details tab, check the File Version starts with 4.0.
Lars
FSOnline

Postby snave » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:47 pm

Version 4.0.23.21468

Now what?

No supported Flight Simulator found in the folder: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.DomainModel.FlightSimulatorDefinitions.FlightSimulatorDefinition.GetDefinition(String fsRootPath, Boolean throwIfNotFound)
at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.DataModel.FlightSimInfo..ctor(String fsRootPath, Boolean allowFileUpdate)
at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.Client.FlightSimulatorNotFoundDialog.OkClickEventHandler(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
snave
Ny Bruger

Postby Lars » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:10 pm

The next step is that I PM you a location where you can download a logging utility.

If that does not provide sufficient information, then I will need to add more information to the error and generat a new build of EditVoicepack you can try to run. Unfortunately the time to do that would have to come from other EditVoicepack development, so I hope I can avoid it :)
Lars
FSOnline

Postby snave » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:43 am

Lars,

OK, have received and processed the logging utility, now in the folder provided.

As I said, I have P3D installed in the default folders, and it's a straightforward installation at this point, with only an A2A bird and ORBX FTX Global, the two Open LC landclass and a couple of other addons.
snave
Ny Bruger

Postby Lars » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:21 pm

There is something wrong with the file, so Visual Studio won't open it - I do not know why. :(

I'll spend the next day or so on a huge code change I have in progress - then I'll produce a build with ekstra logging.

/Lars
Lars
FSOnline

Postby Lars » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:37 am

Please get EditVoicepack 4.5.2 from the same location containing the trace tools (so the one I PM'ed you).

When you try to add the simulator it should now show an error dialog where you can copy details to the clipboard. These details contain information on why each supported simulator was not detected in the specified folder.

This is the only change in this release, and it has not gone through any extensive testing - so I will not make it available as a general download at this moment.
Lars
FSOnline

Postby snave » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:26 am

Will do... but there are no new files in the folder as yet.
snave
Ny Bruger

Postby Lars » Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:42 pm

OneDrive got itself confused over an aborted shut down of my computer. It is now amusing itself with checking the status of 75GB's worth of files. Ones it gets bored with that, it will start uploading the file... I hope...
Lars
FSOnline

Postby snave » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:24 pm

Same error as before using 5.4.2

Installer still can't find my v4 in its default location and hangs when option to select sim manually is selected.

If it's any use, when I try to specify the folder a second time I also tried using the P3d specific installer as well as the `Any installed Flight Simulator` selection: Same result.
snave
Ny Bruger

Postby Lars » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:15 pm

Is this the result of pressing the "Copy details to clipboard" button and pasting the result in here? That should provide a bit more detail than simply copy pasting the text from the dialog.
Lars
FSOnline

Postby snave » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:19 pm

IS the copy and paste, in full.

However, I did have some time yesterday to review what was going on and I found extraneous files of a previous installation (for FSX as it happened). This time I made sure to remove all vestiges of all previous installations of EVP, then cleaned the Registry, then started from scratch with 5.4.1 in safe mode, thinking to apply the newer copy if that didn't work.

But it did work and I now have 5.4.1 working with P3Dv4. Obviously some issue on my system with co-existing versions!

Thanks for your assistance!

Simon
snave
Ny Bruger

Postby Lars » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:01 pm

Strange, 5.4.2 should have added some more information. But good to know it is finally working now. Then I'll have to revisit the error reporting for future versions. :)
Lars
FSOnline

Postby ggi » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:37 pm

I have P3Dv3 and P3Dv4 installed.
Installing EVP with 5.4.1 just updates v3. How do I direct the installer to v4?
Thanks
Gary
ggi
Ny Bruger

Postby Lars » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:56 am

1) Start EditVoicepack
2) Select 'Update Flight Simulator with new ATC capabilities' on the main menu
3) Go to the second page (titled 'Select which Flight Simulator installations to update'')
4) Press the button "Add Flight Simulator installation"
5) Browse to the Prepar3d.exe file in your Prepar3D installation.

For technical reasons it is currently not possible to add a flight simulator when you run "Update Flight Simulator" from the advanced UI. This is something I'll address relatively soon in a new release.
Lars
FSOnline

Next

Return to EditVoicepack Support