scrIndex and length...

The official support forum for EditVoicepack

scrIndex and length...

Postby Heronjr » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:49 am

Last month, Jun/2017, I purchased EVP 5.4.1 and it was installed and was working like a charm on my FSX and P3Dv4 rigs on Windows 7 Pro 64.

Today, I noticed about version 5.5.1 and follow the instructions to uninstall the 5.4.1 version and install the new one.

After the installation, I clicked on the upper big blue button to "Update Flight Simulator with new ATC capabilities". It started and when the progress bar was near the end I received an error message in my language (Brazilian Portuguese) which I translate here:

"The original matrix was not sufficient long. Verify scrIndex and the length, as well as the matrix inferior limits."

The problem remained after restarting EVP, so I am pasting the details here:

A matriz de origem não era longa o suficiente. Verifique srcIndex e o comprimento, bem como os limites inferiores da matriz.
em System.Array.Copy(Array sourceArray, Int32 sourceIndex, Array destinationArray, Int32 destinationIndex, Int32 length, Boolean reliable)
em Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.DataModel.ModificationWaveFile.GetData(GvpHandler gvpHandler, IEnumerable`1 segments, Int32 voice, UInt32& samplesPerSecond)
em Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.DataModel.ModificationWaveFile.get_Data()
em Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.DataModel.ModificationWaveFile.get_SampleLength()
em Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.DomainModel.Gvp.GvpGenerators.GvpGenerator.<>c__DisplayClass92_1.<WriteWaveFiles>b__0()
em Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.DomainModel.Extensions.ExceptionExtensions.Rethrow(Exception exception)
em Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.DomainModel.Gvp.GvpGenerators.GvpGenerator.WriteWaveFiles(BinaryWriter bw, List`1 identifiersAndVariants)
em Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.DomainModel.Gvp.GvpGenerators.GvpGenerator.RunCreate(Object state)
em Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.DomainModel.Extensions.ExceptionExtensions.Rethrow(Exception exception)
em Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.DomainModel.ThirdPartyInstaller.InstallerFactory.CreateFiles()
em Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.DomainModel.ThirdPartyInstaller.InstallerFactory.Run()
em Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.UpdateProcess.HiddenForm.OuterWorkerThread()

What could have happened?

Thanks
Heron Domingues Jr
Best
Heron Domingues, Jr
Heronjr
Ny Bruger

Re: scrIndex and length...

Postby Lars » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:06 pm

Please email "C:\ProgramData\EditVoicepackX\EditVoicepackData.xml.gzip" to support@editvoicepack.com.

You might not see the C:\ProgramData folder as it is a hidden folder. Simply type "C:\ProgramData" into the address bar of a Windows Explorer window to open it.
Lars
FSOnline

Postby Heronjr » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:56 am

I tried twice to send you the file EditVoicepackData.xml.gzip, but the mail system seems to not accept the attached file. I really don't know how to proceed now.

Best
Heron Domingues Jr
Best
Heron Domingues, Jr
Heronjr
Ny Bruger

Postby Lars » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:03 pm

I'll PM a location where you can upload the file.
Lars
FSOnline

Postby Heronjr » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:20 pm

Thanks, the file is there...

Best
Heron Domingues Jr
Best
Heron Domingues, Jr
Heronjr
Ny Bruger

Postby Heronjr » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:29 am

Any news. I cannot uninstall nor revert to original and the sound is instable.

Best
Heron Domingues Jr
Best
Heron Domingues, Jr
Heronjr
Ny Bruger

Postby Lars » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:08 pm

There is no good news I am afraid. I am still not able to reproduce the issue on my own computer. And with errors in programs it is typically quite simple: You can fix what you can reproduce.

I am currently working on adding functionality to EditVoicepack to allow it to collect more data on the system where it happens. I do not know how long this will take, both due to current uncertainty on how large the task is, and uncertainty on my available time as I have a full time job to deal with first.
Lars
FSOnline

Postby Heronjr » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:33 pm

I understand perfectly your work schedule and there is no emergency in my side.

The reason I returned to the support email was my attempt to restore the original voices. As I read in your support site:

"Verify you have a file with a “.evpOrg” extension.
If you do not have this file, please stop this procedure and contact support on support@editvoicepack.com."

I didn't see any file with the .evpOrg extension in Sound\ATC folder, so I emailed you.

Do you have a suggestion to this occurrence? May I use an old EVP version while I wait for news?

I didn't loose any voice. The Sims' ATC appear to be working normally. In FSX I can hear from the real world airlines.

Thanks
Best
Heron Domingues, Jr
Heronjr
Ny Bruger

Postby Lars » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:43 pm

Please try version 5.5.4 available here:
http://editvoicepack.com/wp-content/upl ... _5.5.4.zip

As this release only offers new features to help troubleshoot it is not currently being announced as a new version from within EditVoicepack - I do not want to bother users who have no problems with a new install just so they can get better troubleshooting of errors they do not have. :)

While I do not expect it to fix the issue it does contain two changes that should help us fix it.
1) The error message should now contain information that can be used to track down the modification causing the issue.
2) It is now possible to upload a snapshot of key files to my server from the error dialog. This contains:
  1. The error message should now contain information that can be used to track down the modification causing the issue.
  2. The error message now allows uploading troubleshoot data from your computer so I can analyze it. The following is uploaded:
    1. The EditVoicepack install folder
    2. The EditVoicepack program folder
    3. The Flight Simulator executable (so FSX.exe and Prepar3D.exe)
    4. Configuration files for SimObjects and scenery etc (these are used by EditVoicepack when searching for 3rd party modifications)
    5. The Sound\ATC folder
    This can be a huge upload, so hopefully you have sufficient bandwidth to get through it in an hour or two.
So please run it and let me know what the updated error message shows - and if possible, please upload to my server as well.
Lars
FSOnline

Postby Heronjr » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:08 am

There is an interesting fact I forgot to mention. After the scrIndex error announced by the evp upper blue button routine, I tried to uninstall the program via Control Panel and it refused to be uninstalled because of the failed process!!! The only way to do it was using the Revo Uninstaller program in the Moderate mode.

A question remains on my mind: why did version 541 worked well and 551 failed?

I will try 554 version and return. Thanks again.
Best
Heron Domingues, Jr
Heronjr
Ny Bruger

Postby Lars » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:09 pm

Based on uploaded data from a user I am now able to reproduce this and have started investigating why the error happens.

Once I know why it happens (and why it did not happen in previous versions), I'll proceed with an actual fix.

I can't give a timeframe at this moment as I need to understand why the error happens before I can figure out what needs to be done to fix it.
Lars
FSOnline

Postby Heronjr » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:18 pm

Roger that. Take your time.
Best
Heron Domingues, Jr
Heronjr
Ny Bruger

Postby Heronjr » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:16 pm

The version 554 was downloaded and, after installed, I used the upper big blue button to apply the EVP modifications (Updating Voicepack).

At the end of the Updating Voicepack, I received this:

Modification AIRLINE CIRRUS0 [Fsx] for Pilot 7 (male): The sound segment referencing the Identifier AIRLINE CITRUS extends beyond the end of the source wave file.
em Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.DataModel.ModificationWaveFile.GetData(Modification modification, IEnumerable`1 segments, Int32 voiceNumber, UInt32& samplesPerSecond)
em Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.DataModel.ModificationWaveFile.get_Data()
em Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.DataModel.ModificationWaveFile.get_SampleLength()
em Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.DomainModel.Gvp.GvpGenerators.GvpGenerator.<>c__DisplayClass93_1.<WriteWaveFiles>b__0()
em Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.DomainModel.Gvp.GvpGenerators.GvpGenerator.WriteWaveFiles(BinaryWriter bw, List`1 identifiersAndVariants)
em Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.DomainModel.Gvp.GvpGenerators.GvpGenerator.RunCreate(Object state)
em Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.DomainModel.ThirdPartyInstaller.InstallerFactory.CreateFiles()
em Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.DomainModel.ThirdPartyInstaller.InstallerFactory.Run()
em Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.UpdateProcess.HiddenForm.OuterWorkerThread()

Is there a way to ignore one single Airline/Pilot problem and use the program?
Best
Heron Domingues, Jr
Heronjr
Ny Bruger

Postby Heronjr » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:16 pm

I sent you an upload ID GSH-EL4, via version EVP 554.
Best
Heron Domingues, Jr
Heronjr
Ny Bruger

Postby Lars » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:09 pm

Thanks. I will use it to check once i have the issue fixed. Hopefully soon.
Lars
FSOnline

Next

Return to EditVoicepack Support