Index out of range 5.5.2

The official support forum for EditVoicepack

Index out of range 5.5.2

Postby Mark Fox » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:02 am

Just updated to 5.5.2. Consistently get this error:

Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.set_Item(Int32 index, T value)
at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.DomainModel.Gvp.GvpGenerators.GvpGenerator.GetIdentifiersAndVariants()
at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.DomainModel.Gvp.GvpGenerators.GvpGenerator.RunCreate(Object state)
at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.DomainModel.Extensions.ExceptionExtensions.Rethrow(Exception exception)
at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.DomainModel.ThirdPartyInstaller.InstallerFactory.CreateFiles()
at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.DomainModel.ThirdPartyInstaller.InstallerFactory.Run()
at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.UpdateProcess.HiddenForm.OuterWorkerThread()

I have already e-mailed you the xml.qzip file (in a zip).

Mark Fox
Mark Fox
Ny Bruger

Re: Index out of range 5.5.2

Postby Mark Fox » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:08 am

I got the issue resolved.

Basically, I exported all of My Modification Telephony Designators.

I saved. Then when thru and deleted ALL of My Modification Telephony Designators, saving periodically then exiting EVP. After the deletions were complete, I updated voicepak, then exited EVP. I must point out here that there were as many as five duplicates for various call signs.

I restarted EVP, then imported my previous exported Telephony Designators. Saved. Closed EVP.

Reopened EVP, and carefully scanned for duplicate call signs, saving again periodically. Did this several times. I reopened EVP for a final time and once satisfied I had no more duplicates, I Updated Voicepak. No errors were thrown!

I hope this helps someone in the future.

Mark Fox
Mark Fox
Ny Bruger

Postby Lars » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:07 am

Hi Mark,

I do not think I received the file you send - I did get one, but it only had three custom telephony designators (Alphasim, American Eagle, and Cape Air) so I take it this is not yours?

Do you still have the file you emailed - I will send you a PM with a location where you can upload the file as it seems to be a bit hit or miss if the emails containing the data files goes through.

If you do not have it, do you still have the exported modifications? Maybe I can try importing those and hope I see the error.

In ordr for me to fix the issue in EditVoicepack, I need to know how to reproduce it on my own system. :(
Lars
FSOnline

Postby Mark Fox » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:26 pm

Files uploaded to the link you provided.

I hope this helps!

Mark
Mark Fox
Ny Bruger

Postby Lars » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:26 pm

Thanks. I'll start digging into them once I find out why the voices are still mixed up.
Lars
FSOnline

Postby Lars » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:31 am

I believe I have fixed this error in 5.5.3.

Notice this will not fix all ArgumentOutOfRangeException errors - it is a specific fix for one case only.
Lars
FSOnline

Postby Mark Fox » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:28 pm

So far so good.

Mark
Mark Fox
Ny Bruger

Return to EditVoicepack Support