Editvoicepack demo v 5.5.5 problem.

The official support forum for EditVoicepack

Editvoicepack demo v 5.5.5 problem.

Postby Cpt Bambi » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:17 pm

Hi guys.

Just installed the V5.5.5 demo, I'm using windows 10 and steam FSX, turned off comodo and also set it to unblock the installer, Installed editvoicepack and ran the voice pack wizard with my desired settings.
Started FSX:SE but there are no changes to the ATC callsinghs or speed at all it's still default, got no error messages or anything.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Cpt Bambi
Ny Bruger

Re: Editvoicepack demo v 5.5.5 problem.

Postby Lars » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:39 am

Strange. Did EditVoicepack detect your flight simulator installation or did you have to add it manually?

Which files do you have in the Sound\ATC folder of your flight simulator folder?
Lars
FSOnline

Postby Cpt Bambi » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:40 pm

Hi thanks for replying.

It's finding the installation automatically, there are two items in the ATC folder, first one being a file called UsEnglishbig.gvp, Second being a folder called ASOS wich contains another GVP file called UsEnglishASOS.gvp.
Cpt Bambi
Ny Bruger

Postby Lars » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:36 am

The content of your Sound\ATC folder indicates EditVoicepack has not update this flight simulator installation.

I assume you did perform step 8 here:
http://editvoicepack.com/tutorials/runn ... irst-time/

Maybe you have two flight simulators installed (or an old installation) and EditVoicepack updated the other instead?

Does EditVoicepack show the correct path to your Flight Simulator on the "Confirm Settings" page?
Lars
FSOnline

Postby Cpt Bambi » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:46 pm

I've only ever had FSX:SE, I've never had another flight sim installed.

The installation path its detecting is the following: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX
Cpt Bambi
Ny Bruger

Postby Cpt Bambi » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:16 pm

Hello again.

Got it working now, turns out that I didn't unblock the installer properly, i feel daft. :P
Cpt Bambi
Ny Bruger

Postby Lars » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:39 pm

Cpt Bambi wrote:Hello again.

Got it working now, turns out that I didn't unblock the installer properly, i feel daft. :P

Ehhh... Did you need to uninstall the EditVoicepack installer? That is news to me. It should not be required, and it should certainly not pretend the installer went fine but having EditVoicepack fail silently.
Lars
FSOnline

Postby Cpt Bambi » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:42 pm

No I didn't have to reinstall the installer, thing with Comodo is that it normally puts a green box around any program it's blocking, but in this case it didn't so i naturally assumed it saw it as trusted software but it was still blocking it from installing the new atc file.
Cpt Bambi
Ny Bruger

Return to EditVoicepack Support