P3D v4 + Ultimate Traffic Live issue

The official support forum for EditVoicepack

P3D v4 + Ultimate Traffic Live issue

Postby molleh » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:25 am

With only P3D v4 installed, along with Ultimate Traffic Live, EVPXL isn't able to pick up the UTLive Aircraft folder in the advanced interface (to check things like missing telephony designators, manufacturers etc.) Previously when I had FSX installed, EVPXL was able to "see" the UTL aircraft, but with P3D v4 solo, it can't.
molleh
Ny Bruger

Re: P3D v4 + Ultimate Traffic Live issue

Postby Lars » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:48 pm

Most likely this is because they use the new format for specifying addons introduced in P3Dv4.

I did not yet find the time to support this in EditVoicepack. As I have already spend way more than my standard "allotment" of time on the 5.5 releases I can unfortunately not make any promises on when it will be supported in EditVoicepack. But it is at the top of the priority list.
Lars
FSOnline

Postby pgde » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:08 pm

Hey Lars -- any updates on this?

Have a great weekend!

P.
pgde
Ny Bruger

Postby Lars » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:18 am

Sorry, no progress.

I have read through the documentation of the new format, but I really need some sample files "from the wild" to ensure I code it as it actually is, not as I read the documentation.

So far I have not found any freeware using the new format. To be honest I am not spending a lot of time looking - I have extremely limited time available, so the little time I have I end up spending on things that feels more productive than looking for samples that should be easy to find on the P3D website, but somehow aren't (for me at least).
Lars
FSOnline

Postby pgde » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:17 pm

See https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/5113 ... ons-in-v4/ for several examples as well as a lengthy discussion about it.

Regards,

P.
pgde
Ny Bruger

Postby Lars » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:52 am

I will have a look again when times permit, but what am really looking for is an example I can install and verify it works in P3D. People discussing the format is helping, but it has a high signal to noise ratio, and I could still easily miss something.

Unfortunately my time is extremely limited, so when I can't easily find information I need to work efficient, I tend to prioritize other things where the information is available.
Lars
FSOnline

Return to EditVoicepack Support