Version 5.5.9. Access denied

The official support forum for EditVoicepack

Version 5.5.9. Access denied

Postby errandy » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:10 am

Got this message when I attempted to install version 5.5.9.....all four times. Checked and antivirus and firewall, no change. Message is:

Access to the path 'C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Sound\ATC\Evp_L_Fsx_FSX.gvp.evptmp' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.DomainModel.Gvp.GvpGenerators.GvpGenerator.WriteToTargets(Action`1 bytesWrittenCallback)
at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.DomainModel.ThirdPartyInstaller.InstallerFactory.UpdateFlightSimulators()
at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.DomainModel.ThirdPartyInstaller.InstallerFactory.Run()
at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.UpdateProcess.HiddenForm.OuterWorkerThread()

I'm wondering why it is looking for an FSX file in P3D? And how can I get it fixed?
errandy
Ny Bruger

Re: Version 5.5.9. Access denied

Postby Lars » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:53 am

Most likely you can work around it by right clicking and selecting "Run as administrator". Obviously this should NOT be required, but I have not been able to reproduce this issue on my own computer. I have a suspicion on what is wrong, so I'll try to fix it in the future, but I can't currently make any promises on when I'll be able to do this.

It is not looking for an FSX file. EditVoicepack put FSX into the name of the file it generates because P3D use the same datafile for voices as FSX.

Sorry for the inconvenience
Lars
Lars
FSOnline

Postby errandy » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:06 am

Thanks a bunch. The "Administrator" did the job........you would think that as long as I've been doing the flight simulator thing I would have thought of that one myself. Anyway, I appreciate your quick response as well as the information provided.
errandy
Ny Bruger

Postby PhoenixAF24 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:04 pm

I wanted to share that I got the same problem myself with P3Dv4 this morning with the "access denied" issue. Running as Administrator did indeed correct the issue.

Thanks for the tip.

Regards,

Brian
PhoenixAF24
Ny Bruger

Return to EditVoicepack Support