Pronunciation of "3"

The official support forum for EditVoicepack

Pronunciation of "3"

Postby JaguarXJ6 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:46 pm

I am using EditVoicepack version 5.5.9.0.

It all works well and does some wonderful things. Unfortunately some of the voices (e.g. Pilot 2 - female) now pronounce "3" as "tree" instead of correctly as "three", and when there is a combination of 3s (such as "333") it all gets too fast and garbled.

Is there an easy way to fix this, please?

Thank you.

Michael
JaguarXJ6
Ny Bruger

Re: Pronunciation of "3"

Postby Lars » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:57 am

The correct pronunciation of 3 is "tree" - which is why I made the change to EditVoicepack (batter late than never) :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NATO_phonetic_alphabet

It might be needed to adjust the modifications a bit so there is a bit more spacing between the words. I'll put it on my list, but to be honest there I quite a lot on my list right now, so I can't promise I'll get to it right away. If anyone wants to take a shot at making it better and submit it, feel free.

As with all modifications, you can use the advanced user interface to select/deselect them individually. This is done with the checkboxes.

The checkboxes have three states, where the 3rd indicate it will be included if the parent folder is set to be included.
Lars
FSOnline

Re: Pronunciation of "3"

Postby JaguarXJ6 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:53 am

Interesting, thanks for letting me know and for the link. I've never heard "3"pronounced as "tree" by native English speakers in the civilian aviation world, nor have I done so myself. My old UK Civil Aviation Authority radiotelephony handbook also says to use "tree", so I guess it's honoured more in the breach than in the observance. :D

Thanks for your time. Thanks also for the tip about de-selecting modifications, it was nice to know and quite painless. :lol:
JaguarXJ6
Ny Bruger

Return to EditVoicepack Support