Never seen this one before

The official support forum for EditVoicepack

Never seen this one before

Postby aah11b » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:47 pm

aah11b
Ny Bruger

Re: Never seen this one before

Postby Lars » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:25 am

It looks like a known error when you downgrade EditVoicepack to a previous version. I hope it is fixed in 5.5.9, but that fix only helps when downgrading from future versions to 5.5.9 - not when downgrading from 5.5.9 to a previous version.

This is definitely an area where I could use some more testing, but to be honest it is not exactly a focus area right now. :)

Is there a reason you are not running 5.5.9?
Lars
FSOnline

Postby aah11b » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:10 am

I was trying to run P3v4 and I was at KORD and tried ATC and it said in the text box to contact Cairo Approach or some far off location. I tried communicating and ATC started spitting out random jibberish, numbers, letters etc. Made absolutely no sense and I have never in my many years of flight sims seen such behavior. I tried an earlier version of editvoicepack and got the above error. My internet connection speed is beyond pathetic, I had to do a re-install of FSX and it said it will take 4 days 20 hrs, so I tried P3Dv4, which I already had the installer for. Otherwise, I would just go back to FSX, as I am not a big P3D fan and they update it constantly and my add-ons always get all jacked around. I ended up deleting p3d, as well. So I guess my problem has become irrelevant. I will be going back to FSX when next able to get a realistic download time.

Thanks for your time.
Andrew
aah11b
Ny Bruger

Postby Lars » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:32 am

The mixed up voices was a known problem with EditVoicepack 5.5.1 to 5.5.5, but as far as I know it only happens in one situation now: When more than 15 modifications for the same callsign is imported. This will be fixed in the next version of EditVoicepack.

There is no need to reinstall FSX due to problems with EditVoicepack - instead follow this procedure:
http://editvoicepack.com/support/restor ... ice-files/
and if you encounter problems, contact me.

Tp run the older version of EditVoicepack, delete the folder:
C:\ProgramData\EditVoicepack\Update
Lars
FSOnline

Postby aah11b » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:23 am

Thanks. I ended up reinstalling FSX and managed to get everything running smoothly again.
aah11b
Ny Bruger

Return to EditVoicepack Support