EditVoicePack 3.1 FS9 2 Problems. Help!

The official support forum for EditVoicepack

EditVoicePack 3.1 FS9 2 Problems. Help!

Postby Leo2789 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:20 am

Hello,

I'm using EVP 3.1 for FS9 to add new callsigns to my ATC (airlines, airport, aircraft models, etc). I also used the accelerate voicepack option to make my ATC better in handling traffic at busy airports.
Now my problem is that while EVP did accelerate the pilot voices in the simulator, it gave me duplicate voices! So I have 2 Pilot 0, 2 Pilot 1, and so on! And what's more confusing is that the sped up voices say everything but only with the standard callsigns the sim has, while only the duplicate regular paced voices can say all the extra callsings I added! Why is this happening? I have troubleshooted in numerous ways, including restoring the voicepack to default and importing all my extra callsigns again, and it ends up staying the same :|
I'd appreciate if someone could help me understand why this is happening and how to solve it, even though I know FS9 EVP is no longer supported.

Thank you

Leonardo
Leo2789
Ny Bruger

Re: EditVoicePack 3.1 FS9 2 Problems. Help!

Postby Lars » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:59 am

Multiple voices with the same name is almost always a result of multiple GVP files in the sound folder. So please provide a list of all .GVP files in the sound folder (name and size), then I might be able to guess what is wrong.

Please also provide detailed information on what you mean with the following statements (as I can read either in at least two ways):
1) Include restoring the voicepack to default
2) Importing all my extra callsigns again
Lars
FSOnline

Postby Leo2789 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:52 am

Hey Lars,

I have a few files that are duplicate, could that be the problem?? I thought that wouldn't interfere with the acceleration! Because what I get are 2 .gvp files, but one is accelerated and the other is not! (I don't have 2 accelerated and 2 normal speed for example)

1)I did the 'restore original voicepack' option
2) and then used the import function to add my callsign files again

my gvp files:
USEnglishBig.gvp.evpOrg 199mb
Evp_Accelerated.gvp 275mb
USEnglishASOS.gvp 566kb

Thank you!

Leonardo
Leo2789
Ny Bruger

Postby Lars » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:53 pm

Strange, the files look OK - but then, a lot of errors could potentially hide in those megabytes :)

Please try this procedure:
http://editvoicepack.com/support/restor ... ice-files/
Lars
FSOnline

Return to EditVoicepack Support