AWOS and ASOS

The official support forum for EditVoicepack

AWOS and ASOS

Postby jonmkj » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:29 pm

Using Moore County Airport (KSOP) as an example, is there any way to get an airport's automated weather service to call it "Moore county airport automated weather observation......" instead of "Kilo-Sierra-Oscar-Papa Automated Weather observation...."?
jonmkj
Ny Bruger

Postby Lars » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:34 pm

Hmm, I can't remember if it's possible. I would assume it used the same airport names as ATC, but I have not lloked into this resently (for a few years).
Lars
FSOnline

Postby SpectroPro » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:02 am

Not sure about this either..however, in the Sound/ATC folder, is a special folder called: ASOS Inside this is: USEnglishASOS.gvp

So I am guessing if the file is there, there must be a way to edit it.

:)

- Greg
SpectroPro

Postby bobbyjack » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:50 pm

I know this works with ATIS. Don't know why it wouldn't with ASOS.
Bob
bobbyjack
Bruger

I'm working on this too

Postby Gaiiden » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:35 am

I could have sworn I heard this at an airport after I installed Edit VoicePack but I can't recall which. I'll have to go searching for it. Anyways, I thought to try and get AWOS working and here I have it setup but I can't get it to replace the ICAO in the sim. Any suggestions? I've made double-sure I recompiled both the AFCAD and voicepack after setting these changes (previously the AWOS comm entry in the AFCAD did not have a name, I added it)

Gaiiden
Ny Bruger

Postby Lars » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:27 am

I do not remember the details anymore (it has been years since I worked with this), but I do not remember ever having to make an agent modification except to correct some agents FS had wrong.

Create ICAO modifications, then the corresponding Agent Name is automatically generated (using the ICAO phrase as the agent identifier).
Lars
FSOnline

Postby Gaiiden » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:15 pm

OK I got it all sorted.

You set the AFCAD weather comm name to the airport ICAO. You set the Edit VoicePack Identifier to the airport ICAO.

If the comm is ASOS/AWOS/ATIS it will now show up in the ATC dialog box as "Tune to {Phrase} Automated Weather" where {Phrase} replaces the ICAO code with whatever you put in the Phrase box in Edit VoicePack

ATIS ONLY - when the weather report is read it will say the Phrase in place of the airport ICAO, however all other weather systems will still use the phonetic name for the airport.

Good enough!
Gaiiden
Ny Bruger

Postby Lars » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:40 pm

Thanks for the update - it might help someone else in the future :)
Lars
FSOnline

Postby TBryson2 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:34 am

What do you mean by "You set the AFCAD weather comm name to the airport ICAO. You set the Edit VoicePack Identifier to the airport ICAO." ?

Where do you set the AFCAD weather comm name? (i.e. use AFX or ADE?)

Thanks,

Terry
TBryson2
Ny Bruger

Postby Gaiiden » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:20 am

Through the Comms list in ADE
Gaiiden
Ny Bruger

Postby TBryson2 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:25 pm

Thanks, just wanted to be sure I wasn't mising something. :)

Terry
TBryson2
Ny Bruger

Re: I'm working on this too

Postby Garrick Pattenden » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:54 pm

Gaiiden wrote:I could have sworn I heard this at an airport after I installed Edit VoicePack but I can't recall which. I'll have to go searching for it. Anyways, I thought to try and get AWOS working and here I have it setup but I can't get it to replace the ICAO in the sim. Any suggestions? I've made double-sure I recompiled both the AFCAD and voicepack after setting these changes (previously the AWOS comm entry in the AFCAD did not have a name, I added it)

Hi Gaiiden,
I am new here and would like to ask you where I might find the Airport Design Editor X (Pro) as in the Photo you have posted here?
Thank you.
(Owner) Canadian Aviation Software
http://canadianaviationsoftware.com
Regards,
Garrick D. Pattenden, ATP. CFI. Air Canada
Garrick Pattenden
Ny Bruger

Return to EditVoicepack Support