[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
FSOnline.dk • View topic - Help with Uninstalling and Reinstalling Edit VoicePack

Help with Uninstalling and Reinstalling Edit VoicePack

The official support forum for EditVoicepack

Help with Uninstalling and Reinstalling Edit VoicePack

Postby Speedbird_2166 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:38 pm

Good evening all. I need help uninstalling and reinstalling Edit VoicePack onmy computer. I have looked everywhere and different tutorials, but none were of any help, and most were for FSX which I do not have. Below are details:

Windows Vista
Flight Simulator 2004 (FS9)
Edit Voicepack Version 3.1.1750

I went to click on "Update Voicepack" and it will start updating untill halfway, when it says "Cannot create a file when that file already exists". Can someone please provide a step by step process of how to 1) uninstall Edit Voicepack, 2) restore original voicepack for FS9 and 3) reinstall Edit Voicepack. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Amin
Speedbird_2166
Ny Bruger

Postby Lars » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:56 am

You do not need to reinstall Evp.
Just restore the original GVP file:
http://www.editvoicepack.com/readme.html#ToC23
Lars
FSOnline

Postby Speedbird_2166 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:21 pm

I did that but still dd not work. That readme did not help at all. I just want a simple step by step instruction on how to restore the original FS9 voice pack.
Speedbird_2166
Ny Bruger

Postby Lars » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:07 am

This is basically the same readme section with a few words changed and newlines inserted. This is the best I can do as I do not have FS9 installed, nor will I allow it to be installed on any system I work with anymore.

Insert your Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight CD number 2.

Open the file "MSGame5.cab" for the 10 voice (full) setup, or "MSGame4.cab" file for the three voice (compact) setup.

Copy the largest file in the cab archive you opened to the Sound directory under the Flight Simulator directory.

In case the Sound directory contains files named *.evpOrg or Evp_Accelerated.gvp they should be deleted.
Lars
FSOnline

Postby Speedbird_2166 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:53 pm

Speedbird_2166
Ny Bruger

Postby Lars » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:59 pm

Lars
FSOnline

Postby Speedbird_2166 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:44 pm

Speedbird_2166
Ny Bruger

Postby Lars » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:40 pm

Lars
FSOnline

Postby Speedbird_2166 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:33 pm

Speedbird_2166
Ny Bruger

Postby Lars » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:06 pm

Lars
FSOnline

Postby Speedbird_2166 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:53 pm

Somehow I still have ATC talk, this is very strange. Do I need to do anything on Edit Voicepack? or something else?
Speedbird_2166
Ny Bruger

Postby Lars » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:52 am

It shouldn't be necessary to do anything in EditVoicepack - when the files are restored everything is basically brought back to how they where when FS was installed.

Maybe you did once run Evp without admin rights and Vista made a copy of the file in a user folder somewhere - but I do not know for sure if this can happen, and I certainly do not know where it would go if it did happen.

Time to move to FSX :)
Lars
FSOnline

Return to EditVoicepack Support