Postby pgde » Thu May 25, 2017 3:06 pm

Will EVP be updated to support P3D V4?

Regards,

P.
pgde
Ny Bruger

Re: Prepar3d v4

Postby thepilot » Thu May 25, 2017 6:34 pm

I hope so very much. I can't fly with default ATC.

On a related note, I read something about an enhanced SDK in P3D V4. I wonder if that also opens up new opportunities for third party ATC addons such as EVP. :)
thepilot
Ny Bruger

Postby Lars » Fri May 26, 2017 11:10 am

As I do not have access to pre-release builds of P3D, I can't say at this moment. I expect to know by the end of next week if EditVoicepack can support P3D v4).

If there is something new in the API I can use to add features is something I'll look at later - I can't give an estimate of this as I am working on other things in EditVoicepack.
Lars
FSOnline

Postby Faelandaea » Wed May 31, 2017 3:20 am

I am a long time user of EVP but this thread brought me to register for the sake of pitching in for the community.

During my testing of P3Dv4 today I have noticed that the ATC related bvg files and functions are precisely the same. No changes at all were made to ATC at all for v4, so if you have bvg files for ATC already optimized by EVP, then you should be able to just slap those into your v4 install and use them. I regret not backing mine up, so without reinstalling v3 I have lost my bvgs for now until EVP is updated. But, for those of you who still have v3 installs, you are in luck as the bvg files are exactly the same.
Last edited by Faelandaea on Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Faelandaea
Ny Bruger

Postby Grand_Pubah » Wed May 31, 2017 4:43 am

Faelandaea wrote:I am a long time user of EVP but this thread brought me to register for the sake of pitching in for the community.

During my testing of P3Dv4 today I have noticed that the ATC related BGL files and functions are precisely the same. No changes at all were made to ATC at all for v4, so if you have BGL files for ATC already optimized by EVP, then you should be able to just slap those into your v4 install and use them. I regret not backing mine up, so without reinstalling v3 I have lost my BGLs for now until EVP is updated. But, for those of you who still have v3 installs, you are in luck as the bgl files are exactly the same.

So where would these BGL file be located?
Grand_Pubah
Ny Bruger

Postby Lars » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:10 am

~\Sound\ATC.

And the extension is .gvp, not .bgl.
Lars
FSOnline

Postby thepilot » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:04 pm

Can I use the files from my FSX install as well? V4 will be my first venture into P3D.
thepilot
Ny Bruger

Postby Faelandaea » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:52 pm

thepilot wrote:Can I use the files from my FSX install as well? V4 will be my first venture into P3D.

Actually, yes. When I first moved over to P3D EVP didn't work with P3D at all then. After listening for a bit to P3D's ATC it was obvious it was the exact same ATC, so I checked the files and, sure enough, they were the same. Upon copying the files from FSX, my ATC was immediately wonderful again.

Prepar3d has made absolutely NO changes at all to ATC in any way, shape or form since they took over the FSX code. So, yes, it is completely safe to use those BGL files in your P3D and it will be precisely as if EVP updated the files directly.

Lars wrote:~\Sound\ATC.

And the extension is .gvp, not .bgl.

Yup. My mistake on the file extension. LOL. But yeah same files :) I edited my OP to make the correction so as to not confuse others.
Faelandaea
Ny Bruger

Postby Lars » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:09 am

EditVoicepack 4.5.1 with support for Prepar3D is now available, so there is no need to copy files around manually. :)

http://editvoicepack.com/try-and-buy/
Lars
FSOnline

Postby thepilot » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:18 pm

Thanks a lot Lars :)
thepilot
Ny Bruger

Return to EditVoicepack Support